Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 06:44 PM

Default $11 on PP, call this all-in?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1410)
Button (t3040)
SB (t1435)
BB (t1295)
UTG (t820)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">UTG is all-In 820</font>

UTG has been very tight, playing about one or two of the last 15 hands, blinds went up 5 hands ago. The button is a maniac and won his stack through a series of outdraws, the rest of the players have been playing to preserve their stacks not gain chips.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: $11 on PP, call this all-in?

insta fold! At these blinds you're in good shape and I think at the very best you're a 45% here...this is an easy fold.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:50 PM

A9s should be +EV vs your opponents pushing range. The problem I see is there a are several left to act and losing this pot will put a major dent in your stack. I think it is somewhat close but I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A9s should be +EV vs your opponents pushing range. The problem I see is there a are several left to act and losing this pot will put a major dent in your stack. I think it is somewhat close but I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

People acting behind him are the least of his worries if he makes a habit of calling 60% of his stack with A9 at 150 blinds when he has 1400...This call is NOT +EV
Old 10-30-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People acting behind him are the least of his worries if he makes a habit of calling 60% of his stack with A9 at 150 blinds when he has 1400...This call is NOT +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a loose pushing range you are 50/50 with A9s. Against a tighter range (44+ A7o+, A5s+, KQ) you are a 55 to 45 dog. You are right, this is an easier fold than I anticipated.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

muck. there are better opportunities.