Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Default AQ hand from a New poster

reposted from the wrong forum

Hello all,
My name is Dan Graham. I play alot of poker. I am working to become a better player, and have a long way to go. The boards here have been a great help to me in that pursuit. I have been reading and learning here since almost the start. I am not much of a poster but am going to try to participate more in order to become better. Thank you all in advance for considering. I am posting an AQ hand from the Party 15/30 game. I dont know how to use the converter, if someone could advise for the future that would be great. Here's the hand. No reads, early in the session with strangers.

hero AsQd utg I raise, 2 MP callers, button 3 bets, BB calls, i call, 5 to the flop for 15.66sb

flop 2s,9s,jh
I check and its checked around to the button who bets, BB folds, I raise. MP calls CO folds, button 3 bets I call, MP calls. 24.66 sb.

turn card 3d, I check, MP checks, button bets, I call, MP folds. heads up to the river. 28.66sb.

river 7h. I check Button bets. I have ace high, I can only beat a Party nutball. Pot is fat. I call. button shows a set of jacks and takes it down.

reviewing this play, it sure looks bad. please advise. Dan