Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Deep stack HU tournament hand against TAG 2+2er

The problem with this turn is that the board is pretty draw heavy, especially because you both know that either of you could have just about any two on the flop, so that could easily be TJ, or two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], even 46. There are a ton of hands he could have here that have 7-9 outs against you, so I'm either check/raising this turn or leading for full pot if I'm willing to get all in or check/calling if table dynamics tell me he will price himself out and keep trying to bluff.

Your line of betting small enough to price in any draw and also letting him bluff you on a ton of rivers is not I like. You also look weak, and let him raise you with just about any two because you could easily have a draw yourself (very easy to have backed into a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw and be trying to price yourself in), so while it's nice that you have a decently concealed hand, you are obviously not confident enough to go to the felt with it, so I think playing in a manner where you have no idea what he has and allowing him to be the agressor sort of sucks.

On the river, I still think he can push a hand he thinks is very often good (AQ+) and expect to be called slightly too often by the "i know he knows i know" type thinking that is inevitable when you've played a han this way.