Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Still 3 sb this week for current VFP\'s

...according to the email...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Change in Games Grid VFP Program

[ QUOTE ]
We've gotten some input that multi-table play is causing players to act very slowly, and we'd like to continue to allow multi-table VFP play. When multi-tabling please be courteous to your opponents and act in a timely manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
that is pretty lame
Old 05-02-2005, 02:08 AM

man this is bad news, I was really enjoying the vfp program.
I guess it was too good to be true. Those games are so tight that 1.5 bb is still less than you can pull from party without rakeback or anything and theres no way anyones taking 2 bb out of the games grid games on play alone. I really hope we get 1 more week out of this as i just deposited and cant cash for 72 hrs [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I predict this site will lose 99.9% of players by doing this and agree they need to do some very aggressive marketing. Jay
P.S. its not the players multitabling thats slow, its there horribly sluggish software that takes 5 clicks to act
Old 05-02-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We've gotten some input that multi-table play is causing players to act very slowly, and we'd like to continue to allow multi-table VFP play. When multi-tabling please be courteous to your opponents and act in a timely manner.

[/ QUOTE ]
that is pretty lame

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop stalling to milk the bonus then (not saying you do this). I also agree with the above poster that the software could go much faster too.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way anyones taking 2 bb out of the games grid games on play alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd bet there are very few players if any that could take 1BB or more out of the games over the number of hours it takes to clear the whole $5K Bonus..
Old 05-02-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I wonder what that would do to their traffic if they did not allow multitabling to count towards the FPP. Actually I don't need to wonder on that one.

I play really slow on gg. I've got this thing about clicking the fold button and expecting it to work, so I move on to other tables. Until gg starts clicking at me like crazy and I find out I never folded.

I just can't imagine anyone making more than 1bb per hour. And I have a hard time imagining that. We're talking 3bb pots here.

The bonus clearance rate at 3/6 is so slow that it's not really very different from rakeback at party.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:41 AM

I agree with what you are saying. When I was playing there I used to run the numbers through me head and think to myself, "they have to be losing money on this VFP".

With it cut in half and the games as tight as they are, Its going to make more sense for me to go play elsewhere.

Stu
Old 05-02-2005, 02:46 AM

I think it makes sense to play about 10 hours/week there so that you don't get booted from the program. We're still talking about an extra 0.75 BB/hour here. That's way more than any rakeback deal.

If they get big and fishy and offer even 1 SB/hr in the future, it will be easily worth it.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 AM

Don't leave so fast guys!

According to the email I received: "since you are a charter member of our VFP program, we have two more benefits for you. First, you will continue to earn at the current rate of three big blinds per hour for the next week. The new rate of 1.5 big blinds does not apply to you until May 9th."

I hope enough people stick around at least one more week to make the games somewhat playable.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:33 AM

When did you sign up for the program and when did you get that email?