Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: AQ

We only have 22 hands on villian. Are you cold calling this or folding it?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We only have 22 hands on villian. Are you cold calling this or folding it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding. Calling is definitely the worst option here.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 PM

I really don't see how folding is the best option against a potentially weak tight opponent. There's a good chance we can push him off of his hand if the pot gets heads up and the flop is a whiff.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 PM

a river raise will often fold hands that beat us yes, but more importantly it will fold other AQ.... i think its worth the 2BB investment here, considering we cant possibly risk more than 2BB.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:03 PM

There are no .50-$1 Party players who are ever going to fold QQ heads up, no matter what the board or action is (moreover, they probably shouldn't).

We split with AQ and are behind every other conceivable hand for villain - even if he raises 44 PF (unless you think at 18 & 5, he raises ATs from early position). If he decides to bluff bet AQ on the river - power to him. It's not worth the call to find out.

As for the turn, there are some players you should take the free card against and some players you should fire at again to try and push out. Regardless, in .50-$1, there are virtually no players worth calling the river for (and those who are don't have stats like 18 & 5)
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 PM

what hand range do you put him on then?

how do you explain his river action?

(not suggesting your wrong.... just mixing it up a little, i think a case can be made for a river raise)
Old 11-15-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what hand range do you put him on then?

how do you explain his river action?

(not suggesting your wrong.... just mixing it up a little, i think a case can be made for a river raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

The river action? His line was check/call, check/call, bet. That's an EXTREMELY standard, OOP, HU way ahead/way behind line. The bet made me immediately think KQ. Instead he had a passively played AK - I assume he wanted our Hero to keep betting into him. Or maybe he's weak-tight and thinks Hero has AA or KK.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain actually won with AK

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villian checked here what would you have done? checked or bet?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:38 PM

* grunch *

I fold preflop. I 3 bet if villain is LAG, but his stats don't reflect that. Also, 22 hands is too small of a sample. At this point I need to SEE (what hands?) him raise loosely to conclude that he is lag.

On the flop, the only "logical" hand that you beat is ATs. I don't think I want to keep bluffing with this board, so if I bet, it's to get a free turn card.

I check the turn. I think you are behind. You might have Fold equity vs underpairs, but it would really suck to get check raised off a hand that could river the nuts and win you the whole pot plus extra bets.

The way you played it, the river is an easy fold. You showed strength all the way, and now your opponent donks into you.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 PM

I don't agree with calling or raising this river. The problem is that we have showed too much strength to expect villain to be bluffing into us. Had we checked the turn we could expect that he would bluff an AQ a certain % of the time, but we didn't show weakness.

Put yourself in villain's shoes. He got reraised preflop, and Hero kept firing post flop. Does it look like we are weak, or could be moved off a hand?