Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 02-26-2002, 03:29 AM

Default JOEYBLOEY on card domination

So I'm sitting there playing 6-12 at the bellagio and guess who sits down right next to me, JOEY BLOEY! As he's pulling out his roll I'm sitting there nervous as hell thinking, this is it, I'm really playing with the big boys now.

So here's what went down. On the very first hand I'm in the big blind and JOEY posts in the seat just to my left. Well good old JOE didn't waiste much time becuase the next sound I heard was RAISE IT UP! TIGHT AGRESSIVE IS WHAT GETS THE MONEY! With the echo of his words still resonating in the air, I look down and see A2o.

The rest of the field folds and it's up to me. I say what the hell, I'm gonna outplay this guy, on this hand, im gonna ouplay him. I smooth call

JOEY looks at me right in the eye and tells me that he's got me dominated.

Flop comes: QQQ

BLOEY checks and I bet only to get checkraised, I say pocket deuces no good and reraise, he just calls.

Turn is a blank, we get into a raising war and I only call with $24 left.

River: Q

I check and of course BLOEY bets, I go all in and he flips over pocket KK's and I rake the pot.

Now here is the delicate part, after this beat, JOEY tries to attack me and is stopped by a couple of guys and the old lady next to me. All of a sudden, the lady says, JOEY, we're gonna turn you from "tight" aggressive into "loose" passive, if you know what i mean. The last thing I saw was the lady pulling out some kind of large blunt object from her purse....I could here the screams all the way to the buffet. Sorry JOEY
Old 02-26-2002, 11:48 AM

Default Not bad, but not as good as JOEY. *NM*

Old 02-26-2002, 04:24 PM

Default That\'s a pathetic immitation

That was a a pathetic immitation of the original. You shouldn't bother posting if you aren't going to put any real effort into it.

You wrote

On the very first hand I'm in the big blind and JOEY posts in the seat just to my left.

And the you wrote

BLOEY checks and I bet only to get checkraised

You don't even know how to describe a poker hand. You're on Joey's right and yet you get to act last? Joey would never make such a mistake.

On top of that, where were your views about an aspect of the poker world? Joey always includes those and are a key feature of his stories. It almost always leads to the big punchline.

Style is important. WHERE WERE THE CAPS? What's with the use of paragraphs? There are many more style mistakes.

To cap it, you stole one of Joey's jokes. He's already used the "loose" joke.

And, what a ridiculous ending. Joey loses and gets raped by three uninvolved people? Why? I guess your ego needed not only to write this idiotic story but also to win the hand and not be the guy raping him. Are you homophobic?

C'mon, if you're going to be a cheap immitation, at least try to look original.

Old 02-26-2002, 06:57 PM

Default Re: That\'s a pathetic immitation

"if you're going to be a cheap immitation, at least try to look original."

Huh?
Old 02-26-2002, 09:18 PM

Default Also, there is no 6-12 Hold-Em at Bellagio *NM*