Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Semi-Interesting 10/20 hand

I've been playing some 5/10 and 10/20 at Pacific lately with pretty good results. I'm pretty new to the table, so not many reads, but for the most part Pacific players suck.

Limp with 98 7 and see 4th street with 5 others ... here's what it looks like there

Villain 1: X X A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain 2: X X 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BigDonk: X X 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain 3: X X Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain 4: X X K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked to me, I bet, just the ace folds

5th:
Villain 2: X X 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BigDonk: X X 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain 3: X X Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain 4: X X K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to me again, and i bet, all call again

6th:
Villain 2: X X 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BigDonk: X X 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain 3: X X Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain 4: X X K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Two pair guy bets out, king and pair of dueces fold, I call as does Big Donk

River: I get a 3 of diamonds, big whoop ... two pair checks, I bet, big donk raises, two pair folds and I call
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Semi-Interesting 10/20 hand

On 6th st.there are about 9 big bets in the pot.That's plenty big to try to protect the existing money in the pot rather trying to suck in additional bets.Don't give BigDonk a cheap draw to make a full house against you.Raise.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:25 PM

This all looks fine to me. Replace "Big Donk" with "reasonable player" and you have to fold to the raise on the river.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:09 AM

With the pot this big and a guy coming out of nowhere with a raise on the river, folding a straight to anyone for one more bet is atrocious, IMHO.

Michael
Old 12-21-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This all looks fine to me. Replace "Big Donk" with "reasonable player" and you have to fold to the raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i labeled him as big donk because ...

his final hand was (46)6977(7)

can't imagine how pissed i was to lose this huge pot
Old 12-21-2005, 05:05 PM

OK, in this particular case, the raiser's board is dead enough that you might look him up. Then again, the deadness of his board makes it less likely that he's bluffing, if he's paying attention at all.

Look, folding good hands in big pots for one more bet is definitely not my specialty. I have witnesses. In this case, two open pair bets and is called. Clearly, the caller has two pair beaten. For someone to now raise, he has to have a big hand, doesn't he? It would be an improbable time to bluff, since he can count on being called. If I raise here, I have the straight crushed. I think that this is true for most players. Would you raise in that spot with less than a full house against typical opposition?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case, two open pair bets and is called. Clearly, the caller has two pair beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what you think.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM

All right, I've seen people call on the river when they couldn't beat the board. I've done it once myself, and I chose to do it in a $40/80 game. But this is going to happen less than one time in a thousand by my estimation. For all intents and purposes, you can safely assume that the caller has two pair beaten.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case, two open pair bets and is called. Clearly, the caller has two pair beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Low limit logic you're missing Andy - Okay, all he has is Q's up because he didn't raise coming in on 3rd, so I can fill up my 7's up and win.

Caller doesn't care that he's behind now and doesn't think about the chance of Q's up improving like he could. Knowing how they think, you'd think you should feast on them.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 PM

I'm talking about the river already.