Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 AM

Default 2+2 Tourney - Hand 9

It was another "It looks like he's going all-in" moment in the tournament. I decided on 3rd that I was probably putting all my money in regardless of what fell (because his stack was so short). Is thinking like this good or bad?

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level V (100/200), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (converter)

Seat 1: 1,611
Seat 3: 488
Seat 4: 2,655
Seat 5: 1,585
Hero: 2,375
Seat 7: 829
Seat 8: 4,536

3rd Street - (1.05 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.05 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.53 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets 173 and is all-in
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.26 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River - (5.26 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Total pot: (5.26 BB)
Old 12-16-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: 2+2 Tourney - Hand 9

If you can get it heads up with a short stack with 3 to a 6 I'd do it. You might as well just cap 3rd and bet 4th, not that it would have changed much.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:00 AM

Standard.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:45 AM

I think this hand is fine, but I have noticed a tendency in your play to over-value (on 3rd street) low hands with minimal high potenial. Seems like you think even "razz hands" are monsters, when in reality you sill have to catch some cards just to win half the pot. That is, when the pot is heads up you basically need to get lucky to win your money back.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is fine, but I have noticed a tendency in your play to over-value (on 3rd street) low hands with minimal high potenial. Seems like you think even "razz hands" are monsters, when in reality you sill have to catch some cards just to win half the pot. That is, when the pot is heads up you basically need to get lucky to win your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep this in mind.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 PM

This is actually a hand that I don't want to take HU against the bring-in who has only 2.5 big bets in his stack. He's likely to gamble with any 3 cards here and I'm not that big a favorite. Plus you've still got a 5 and a 3 in the door behind you. If one of them raises and the bring-in makes it 3 bets, you can't be real happy.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a hand that I don't want to take HU against the bring-in who has only 2.5 big bets in his stack. He's likely to gamble with any 3 cards here and I'm not that big a favorite. Plus you've still got a 5 and a 3 in the door behind you. If one of them raises and the bring-in makes it 3 bets, you can't be real happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you have to be a big favorite to get it heads up here. I would probably play if I knew i was a coin flip or a slight dog with a chance to knock someone out.

I'm definately seeing 4th with a 3rd street reraise, might not like it but the pot is big enough to at least see another card or 2. He didn't mention it but this tournament was relatively tight so the raise will probably get it heads up as people will get out of the way to watch someone get knocked out or possibly call and check down with hero here.