Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-15-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: WOW

[ QUOTE ]
Glynn Beebe raises to $36,000 from the cutoff position, Joe Cassidy reraises to $136,000, and Beebe moves all in for $391,000. Joe Cassidy calls, and Beebe shows Ks-Jd. But Cassidy shows -- the Hammer! 7h-2h! Beebe is a favorite to double up here. The flop comes Qc-5c-5s, and Beebe is still in the lead with king high. But the 7d falls on the turn, giving Cassidy the lead with a pair of sevens. Beebe needs a jack or a king to stay alive, but the river card is the 2d.

Glynn Beebe is in shock as he is eliminated in 32nd place -- by seven-deuce. Joe Cassidy now has a huge lead with $1.85 million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cassidy has 2 mil in chips, and he just called 200K with A-high and called a 260K all-in reraise with 72. I think it's safe to say nobody is going to be playing back at him without a hand.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: GIGABET.

[ QUOTE ]

Not that poor a move by Gigabet. He made a play at the pot w/ a $9k bet, called the raise. I'm sure if the flop missed he would've been out of the hand. Don't think he thought it was a coinflip when all the $$ went in. Probably thought 2 pr was more than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sure if the flop missed he would be out of the hand. Have you ever played Gigabet? How much do you know about him?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not that poor a move by Gigabet. He made a play at the pot w/ a $9k bet, called the raise. I'm sure if the flop missed he would've been out of the hand. Don't think he thought it was a coinflip when all the $$ went in. Probably thought 2 pr was more than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sure if the flop missed he would be out of the hand. Have you ever played Gigabet? How much do you know about him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he's one of those nut peddlers
Old 12-15-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ohhhh, oh, oh, oh, ohhh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strain.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we know he's good, relax.

Mack
Old 12-15-2005, 05:34 AM

All,

From Gutshot:

With 410,000 in the pot, Patrik Antonius leads out for 200,000

The board comes JhQh 5d6d 9s

Joe Cassidy thought for an age, then called.

Antonuis shows for Ah3d Ace high.

Joe shows As7d for another ace high. But his seven kicker gives him the pot.

--
Very different than the CP account, no idea which is accurate.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 AM

All,

Gigabet apparently went from 1.3M to 300k on the very last hand of the day. But no account of what the hand was! WHAT AWESOME COVERAGE.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Gigabet apparently went from 1.3M to 300k on the very last hand of the day. But no account of what the hand was! WHAT AWESOME COVERAGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerwire's got it. According to them, he bluffed it off with AQ-high into kings full.

[ QUOTE ]
Darrell Dicken raised to 40k from the cutoff, Joanne 'J. J.' Liu raised to 120k, and Dicken called. The flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Dicken checked, Liu bet 80k, and Dicken called. The turn came the 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Dicken bet 200k, and Liu called. The river came the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Dicken pushed in, and Liu called all in for 591k. Darrell Dicken showed AQ for a pair of sixes with an ace kicker. Liu showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for kings full of sixes to double up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2005, 05:55 AM

From PokerWire

[ QUOTE ]
Joanne 'J.J.' Liu doubles through Darrell Dicken
Darrell Dicken raised to 40k from the cutoff, Joanne 'J. J.' Liu raised to 120k, and Dicken called. The flop came K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ,Dicken checked, Liu bet 80k, and Dicken called. The turn came the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Dicken bet 200k, and Liu called. The river came the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Dicken pushed in, and Liu called all in for 591k. Darrell Dicken showed [A][Q] for a pair of sixes with an ace kicker. Liu showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for kings full of sixes to double up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I type to slow....
And it is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 AM

I opened in the cutoff with AdQd, JJ Liu makes it 140k from the button. Blinds fold. Flop is K66 rainbow. I check, JJ Liu bets 100k, I call. Turn is offsuit 2, I bet 200k, JJ calls. River is another offsuit blank, I shove for the rest of her stack(about 600k more). She calls and opens KK.

Earlier in the night, she folded KK face up on a flop of T66, with preflop action like this, phil laak opens utg for a standard raise. JJ Liu reraises big from the button, folds to Laak who calls. Laak leads the flop for 75k(with around 500k behind before the bet, I believe.) JJ raises Laak to 175k, with around 900k behind her. Laak shoves the rest of his stack in. She thinks for 10 minutes and then mucks KK face up.

Side Note: I had never been caught bluffing by anyone at the table, and JJ had consistently shown that she respected my raises, she knew I was out of line alot preflop, but postflop, she never saw anything from me that could be construed as "way out of line."
Old 12-15-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: WOW

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Cassidy just called a 200K raise from Antonius after leading 120K with A7 high on a 965QJ board and his hand was good. I am speechless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll never be a great poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also don't hear about how many times this call is made and is wrong. We only hear about the winners like this one and Grazc made on Shaniac.

Oh, and # of major tournaments won by Johnnyj580: 0