Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Enlighten me

I must be confused. Aren't the players complaining about the Party split, players that got rakeback at skins? If so, how does no longer playing at the skins hurt Party that much? I know they get something from the skins for your play but I assume most of the rake goes to the skin. Maybe that's a false assumption. Also, without the fish at the skins, the value of rakeback drop so Party will gain players attracted by the fish. I don't see how Party loses in this. What am I missing?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Enlighten me

they dont lose... and im not telling them how to run their business. however, a lot of players get pissed off and move to other sites.

i am not saying these players have a right (or dont have a right) to be pissed off... the bottom line is a few unhappy customers are going to talk a lot of smack about the site. it never hurts to keep everyone happy.

-ryan
Old 11-03-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Enlighten me

However, offering rakeback would certain non-players (who are quite important to Party) very unhappy.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: hey dikshit read this...

In case dikshit does read this:

I played 43k hands last month and none were through my party account. I made over $2000 in bonuses at other sites. Your offer to me was an insult. The other sites each had at least 2 people at almost every table that were former players on your skins. Did you see the growth at Absolute, UltimateBet, Pokerroom, etc last month?

Thank you for introducing competition back into online poker. Over the last month, the break up has been very very good for me as a player. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Old 11-03-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is great to see people who actually care about their customers

[/ QUOTE ]

Many sites have much to do in this area before they can boast about it... even the examples you mentioned...
Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 AM

what about these numbers..

Affiliate B has brought 1,000 players to Party. If RB is offered, he will no longer waste his time with Party and will bring them no more players.

Player A brings in $20,000 a year in rake. He hates the fact that there is no RB, but he and 75k other people obviously play the site anyway.

Do you offer rakeback and run off all your affiliates or do you make the player happy? Now remember, that player brings you rake, but 90% of the players out there don't bring the room 1 other player.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Very true

[ QUOTE ]
I used to 8 table 10-20 6max and pay about 30k in rake every month. I now 1 table 1000 nl. usualy not on your site. i may end up paying less than 4k. You and your company are making a bad long term move. I play a lot of live poker. I bad mouth you guys as much as I can to any and eveyone who will listen. If I win a big tournement I will make it my platform to educate everyone about how impotant the rake is. I will mention rakeback in every interview i give. I am just one person but in fighting a big monopoly like you it has to start somewere. If I can make only one person a day leave your site then I am happy. Maybee it dose not hurt you that much but you already lost 20k a month from me. If I gave this much action in bellagio I would expect a lot. Only a chump would give all that action for nothing. Way to chase away your best customers. I hate you. Thats all.

P.S. If the majority of people are so dumb they will pay tens of thousands of dollars a month to play a game then kuddos to you. You need to give something SUBSANTIAL to your best customers that know the value of their dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too few high volume players are thinking like this. Instead many are thankful for the small crumbs that Party offer.

You guys don't know your worth. You ought to make more noise.

I left Party a few days ago because I don't feel they value me as a customer enough compared to my worth to them. There are other sites out there that offer me a package that is way better than what Party is offering.

Those who say they choose Party because of the fish concentration cannot have played much outsite of Party. That rumor might have been true in the past but there are now many other sites out there that are just as good or better (except for the former skins). It also seems to me there are less 2+2'ers at other sites.

It also feels good to me to be playing at sites that understand what service is. Sites that actually respond when you try to communicate with them.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the rake at the Bellagio is worse than at Party

[/ QUOTE ]

How much of the rake pays their overhead and how much is profit?

B&M - 80% of the rake pays their costs for running the game, 20% profit.

Online - .008% of the rake pays their costs for running the game, 99.992% profit
Old 11-03-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online - .008% of the rake pays their costs for running the game, 99.992% profit

[/ QUOTE ]
You are way off. Just look at any of the publicly available information on any of the exchange listed sites and you can get a better idea of the costs.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are way off. Just look at any of the publicly available information on any of the exchange listed sites and you can get a better idea of the costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have exaggerated to emphasize the point that there is a significant difference between the percentage of rake that is profit for B&M as opposed to online.

Sorry you missed that.

Perhaps you can supply a link that identifies B&M pokerrooms that make annual profits in the multimillions?