Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: AA

"Yeah, this is absurd and likely unhealthy and with a high chance of burnout. Go get shock therapy for blackjack and you'll only have to play 4 hours a day."

This might be true, but I don't see why it has to be.

-Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only street you can even consider raising is the turn. And I really dont mind just calling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah, this is absurd and likely unhealthy and with a high chance of burnout. Go get shock therapy for blackjack and you'll only have to play 4 hours a day."

This might be true, but I don't see why it has to be.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it's not absolutely true. I've played 6K hands in a day and am capable of 8-tabling (not at 10/20 though). I've put in 12+ hours in a day. I could probably keep it up for a while but I don't think it's a good idea if you want to play poker in any sort of semi-enjoyable manner.

I don't mean to be condescending or insulting. I have a lot of respect for you but I can't imagine multitabling for that long is a good long term situation.

What is playing blackjack like exactly? I can't find the allure.

Krishan
Old 09-07-2005, 02:52 PM

"What is playing blackjack like exactly? I can't find the allure."

Haha, I should start a new thread, but it's extremely odd. When I first started gambling at 19, it was blackjack that attracted me. But I quickly got into poker and left blackjack behind completely as a -EV game.

I went 200k hands at 6-max without ever having a 200 bet losing streak. Then I had a 500 bet losing streak and picked up blackjack. I started playing every time I would have a losing day. Unfortuantely, or fortunately, I am up $ in my life playing blackjack. I really don't know why I picked it up. I would start taking days off of poker, then it would be late, I would be upset with myself and thinking, hey, I need to make money today, but there's no time, let's play blackjack for $100 a hand.

Anyways I should not be so honest I think. I can't play blackjack anymore because I owe jason_t $500 every time I play, and that's that. I don't plan on paying him a dime.

-Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways I should not be so honest I think. I can't play blackjack anymore because I owe jason_t $500 every time I play, and that's that. I don't plan on paying him a dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great. I'm glad jason_t is helping you.

Krishan
Old 09-07-2005, 03:09 PM

"This is great. I'm glad jason_t is helping you."

This is debatable. Did you see his response in this thread? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 03:10 PM

100 BB downswings 6 of 9...

Suffered my first 100 BB downer last night and felt terrible. No consolation to you, but based on your experience I now feel a whole lot better.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"This is great. I'm glad jason_t is helping you."

This is debatable. Did you see his response in this thread? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm glad... uhhh

with friends like that ....

Krishan
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 PM

You characterize Blackjack as a -EV game. [Perhaps you meant just online blackjack).

But it is not. I've made $70,000+ over the years periodically cardcounting good blackjack games (brick and mortar)
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 PM

"But it is not. I've made $70,000+ over the years periodically cardcounting good blackjack games (brick and mortar)"

That's awesome. I don't count cards. Maybe I should. But no, seriously, I just want to stay away from the game altogether.

-Michael