Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:49 AM

Default KK- Turn check on interesting board.

UB 10/20

BB is a tightish player. I have about 300 hands on him, mostly from 5/10. 14/5/2.5 his fold to flop bet % is 68%, WTSD 32, W$SD 56.

Hero is MP2 w/ Black Kings

PF: Loose Passive UTG2 limps, I raise, folded to BB who calls, UTGs calls.

Flop: (3-player) (6.1SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG2 checks, I bet, BB calls, UTG2 folds.

Turn( 2-players) (4BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I check

Thoughts:

I felt this is a situation, where a bet would have either elicited a check raise, or a fold, or in this players case a call with a hand like AQ or AJ.

I don't really feel that a free card is overly dangerous, and the pot is relatively small. I also felt that this player was capable of leading the river with a worse hand, like JT or something like that.

My intended river action is to call any bet, or bet most times when checked to.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: KK- Turn check on interesting board.

I would bet the turn with second top pair and second nut flush draw. He probebly wouldnt CR me without the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], if he dosent have a set. If a spade hits the river I would contiune betting otherwise take a free showdown
Old 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn with second top pair and second nut flush draw. He probebly wouldnt CR me without the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], if he dosent have a set. If a spade hits the river I would contiune betting otherwise take a free showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of hands do you think this type of player is going to call a turn bet, on this board?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:37 AM

I think it's perfect, given your read.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of hands do you think this type of player is going to call a turn bet, on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, the only hands I se u are a head on is : KxQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] QQ JJ, I cant se that he holds any JTs because of the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. well played!