Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:19 AM

Default J6s- BB hand

A little sketchy here. SB is the main characrer. Nothing special 25/6/1.2

Button is 35/6/.8 and is one of the reasons I am sitting.

Rest of the field is fairly tight passive...think 24/5/1 types

Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Absolute 5/10

UTG1 limps, MP2 limps, Button raises, SB calls, I call, UTG1 calls, MPs calls

Flop (5-players) (9.6 SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG1 folds, MP2 calls, button raises, SB calls, I call, MP2 calls

Turn (4-players) (8.5BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call, MP2 folds, Button calls

River: (3-players) (11.5BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I....
Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: J6s- BB hand

I'm prob going to put in a raise here. Button put in a bunch of raises on this hand and might really want a showdown. SB is def calling.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:29 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i raise my 4th nut flush. that's what you've been drawing to right? make money with your made hand; there are times you will run into a bigger flush, but you are ahead here enough that there is value in a raise. with more than just button i may go for overcalls, but sb will call more often than button will overcall, so i raise.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm prob going to put in a raise here. Button put in a bunch of raises on this hand and might really want a showdown. SB is def calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts on the flop bet? Also anyone consider 3-betting the flop.. (I don't think it is out of line to think that we may actually be ahead on the flop... which even though my made holding is weak.. it does give us a lot more equity and eliminating people makes me more likely to win unimproved)
Old 10-20-2005, 10:31 AM

I'm a little worried about Button having a higher flush as he raised the flop but didn't raise the turn, but he is a donk so I think we need to raise.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:33 AM

The flop bet is standard. I think I just call the button raise b/c he isn't that aggro so I think we're behind. We also have a boatload of outs, all of which will likely win us the hand versus one or two or even three opponenets.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eliminating people makes me more likely to win unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is necessarily true. Your pair is likely behind, and you won't likely be pushing out hands that beat yours (at least on the flop), so I think you want as many players in the pot as possible so you hit when you pair. Your 2pr/trip outs are probably all live, and your flush will be good most of the time, so you really want those other players in.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 PM

I 3-bet the flop here most of the time. It adds deception and you have a very large amount of equity. I think the benefit is scene when you hit the flush on the turn and leading out seems natural anyway regardless of the card.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:01 PM

I play this the same, raise the river and cross my fingers.

SB called two cold, he has a big hand or flush draw (unless he is some donk that calls two cold with a gutshot and backdoor flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
He still likes his hand on the turn which is a good sign unless he has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Looks like a set or 2pair trying to build a big pot.