Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Draaaaaaaaaaaammmmaaaaaaa Queeeeeeeeeeens

OK. So I'm dealing this tournament. Twelve left, six at each table. Blinds 2000-4000. Pays nine.

Five guys are short stacked, with 8000 or less.

Desperate short stack goes all-in on the button, first in, for 9000.

The small blind, friggin' Jrama Queen, with a capital J, starts to ponder. He's got his "hey, I'm an internet qualifier for the wsopME and busted out early on day one" type of hat on, and let's not forget the dark mirrored sunglasses. Friggin' punk I already wanted to kick him in the nuts.

So he ponders. And ponders. He counts out nine orange chips (1000s) behind his cards. Pulls them back. Then he counts out eighteen pink chips (500s), two at a time. Then he counts out four orange and ten pinks. Pulls them back. Counts out his stack. Re-arranges his chips. Counts out 9000 again. This time uses three colors (he had plenty of purple too, 5000s). Then he counts again.

This goes on for about 1 minute before I get "a smidge impatient."

It should be noted that this idiot has about ONE THIRD OF THE CHIPS IN THE TOURNAMENT, ABOUT 65,000.

Finally, moron boy Drama Queen decides to "flat call." He tosses his chips into the pot in a very messy fashion, splashing them everywhere. I am forced to count them and HE'S FRIGGIN' THREE THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED SHORT.

What does drama queen McIdiot turn up?

AQ suited.

Go back to the friggin' internet already, you friggin' morons. There are about 5000 or so people walking around vegas right now who have been eliminated from the wsopME, most of them on day ONE. I wish about 4,999 of them would just leave already. There's enough drama here without all these extra queens in town.

al
Old 07-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Draaaaaaaaaaaammmmaaaaaaa Queeeeeeeeeeens

Do you feel better now?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 PM

ACJ's posts = consistent, unabashed greatness
Old 07-12-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are about 5000 or so people walking around vegas right now who have been eliminated from the wsopME, most of them on day ONE.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're not walking around Vegas, they're sitting at 1-2 tables giving lengthly and detailed accounts of how they got eliminated when their 89o got sucked out on by an AA. "Oh, sorry, its ten to me? 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, I call."
Old 07-12-2005, 04:04 PM

I was dealing in the afternoon tournament on the same day and it was one big "bad beat" story and it's the usual I had 22 and went all in and the other guy had KK. What a bad beat!!! OMFG cry me a river!

I finally got to one table and jokingly asked who had the worst/best bad beat story to tell. Sure enough, 9 of the 10 players had stupid stories from the WSOP. The 10th was a tourist that said.."no bad beats here, lets play poker", LOL.

These guys have all watched wayyyy to much tv. On the 3/6 limit games, they wont even move while they have themsunglasses on because they are scared to death of giving off a tell. In 3/6? come on! Then they show down Q7offsuit and crap like that. Me wonders if it wasn't a bad beat, just bad play that got 4/5th of these people knocked out of a tournament loaded with idiots.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:55 PM

This post made me smile.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:15 PM

I was playing 4/8 with a guy who said he had just busted out and was talking about all sorts of stuff and I could tell he had no clue what he was talking about. Well one really old guy bet him out of the pot and then just showed him one card. All of a sudden the kid starts yelling "SHOW ONE, SHOW ALL" and told the dealer he had to show both cards. The dealer grabs the cards and says here is the one he showed you then mixed them all up. The kid kept going on about how the rule said you had to show them both and rather than tell him what the rule really was I just kept laughing.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:23 PM

I feel your pain, Al... The MGM will be prepared next year for the Party Poker invasion (of course our hotel was used for all the PP qualifiers). We are planning on installing a keyboard and mouse at each position just to make our players feel more comfortable. This was a fun couple of weeks, though... I had the opportunity to look around many 1/2nl tables just to see all the different internet poker site gear. Couldn't believe how many of those fish were World Series ME qualifiers...makes me want to actually try and make it in next year just so I can slap on some crappy Poker Stars parka....
Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah, what an attention whore, says the man who titled his thread this.

GoT
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Draaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggg Queeeeeeeeeeens

When I saw the subject of your post this is what I thought of....

not what I expect from ACJ, but if thats what he likes to discuss, I'm cool with that.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]