Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: River Value bet:: Yes or no

I think the key to this question is how you play. If you check and he bets, will you call or fold? I am giving you the credit that if you bet and he raises, you will likely fold. So if you check and he bets and you want to put in a call here, then I say you would be better served to be betting out on the river in the first place. If you can fold after you check and he bets, then it gets more complicated and I might be inclined to check.

River King = check/call .... he might want to bluff the overcard
River 10 or Q of diamonds = bet/fold
Old 11-11-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Something to consider

Just to further the discussion, I will say I won the hand.

The winning or losing of the hand is irrelevant though.

One thing I think is interesting, that I never see talked about in these situations is that a guy with a lowish PFR say for instance 8 and below.... they are limping hands that for a lot of us are raises unless there is something going on at the table that causes us to change.

Also the 35% will play hands out of position.

Is it so far fetched for a player like the one in this hand to have limped JTo or QTo. Would his play have been inconsitent with AJo... keeping in mind that he is passive and probably assumes that I have AK since I raised?

I checked.. but I felt it was close.

The reason I thought this hand was interesting is because... there are a lot of hands this player could play like this.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: River Value bet:: Yes or no

My major problem with finding a bet here is that the T hitting basically eliminates a ton of the limping hands which we were ahead of. Hands like T9, KT, K9, T8, Q9, QT, etc... have all pulled ahead, and many will either check-call or check-raise. So now the only hands we are ahead of are pocket pairs and some suited As. It seems too narrow.