Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 02:17 AM

Default 10/20- Finding my balls... I think I relocated one of them

I am still on my first 5,000 hands. Still fighting off the "2X as high as I am used too... weak tight syndrome" (And not ashamed to admit it).

Anyway I am MP2 with black 33.

Players behind me are tight. My image has to be tight, because at this particular game for the past two days (lots of regulars), I am running under 15%VPIP.

There is one loosish player behind me, but only like 30% and he is not a huge cold caller.

The BB is 40/14/1.2. Aggressive PF, and tricksy post flop.. although he is not a genious.. he just likes to be difficult... in a Yeah that card helped sort of way.

PF: Folded to me and I raise, BB calls

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bet, I raise... intending this to be the last bets I put in.

Thoughts?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: 10/20- Finding my balls... I think I relocated one of them

Who you callin' weak tight??? Nice hand
Old 10-29-2005, 03:49 AM

Maybe this is somthing I need to work on, but as far as I can tell the only thing you can beat is a flush draw, deuces and a stone cold bluff with an ace or something. I'm thinking raise the flop and see what he does there and probably bail if any more action comes my way. I'm weak in this area of blind steals and small pps anyways, so I'm curious as to what others have to say.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is somthing I need to work on, but as far as I can tell the only thing you can beat is a flush draw, deuces and a stone cold bluff with an ace or something. I'm thinking raise the flop and see what he does there and probably bail if any more action comes my way. I'm weak in this area of blind steals and small pps anyways, so I'm curious as to what others have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising the flop is many times (not always, though) construed as weak; this under the general theory of "playing strong is weak" and vice versa.

flair: good luck at the new limit. fwiw, i foud the jump to 10/20 to be no big deal though it took some adjusting to the higher pfr % that one generally encounters here. many players, multis and others, nonchalantly reflect 12-14% pfr.

on the hand in question, pf is fine as long as you haven;t shown something like this down recently.

postflop power call (controlling villain) is good, imo, as long as:

1. your image is tag and not overly tricky
and
2. your recent hands shown down were strong (not sufficient for you to be tag "the last couple of days")

as you know... to the extent that you get caught showing this type of hand down, you must expect to be looked up going forward and be flexible enough to alter your play accordingly.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:53 AM

I don't really like preflop. I think a tricky LAG is going to make us fold the best hand/pay off with the worst hand way too often when he hold 33.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 AM

I'd fold preflop. I understand the players behind you are tight, but the BB isn't and he's going to be calling you a lot and not folding postflop - which you want. Even more so if he "likes to be difficult" because he'll be betting draws and it will be very hard for you to call with 3 overs on the board. 33 is too low for me to open here.

Since you did opt to raise it, I like your postflop play and your plan to not put anymore bets in.