Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Middle set on monotone flop vs LAG

I know this question has been asked a billion times, but the search function is being uncooperative.

Villain is a borderline maniac LAG (45/30/3.5).

Stacks:
UTG - $13.87
Hero - $132.10
Button $128.87

0.50/1 NLHE 6-max <font color="blue"> (6 players) </font>

Hero is MP w/ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG <font color="red"> raises to $2 </font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button <font color="red"> raises to $6 </font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls

($19.50) Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG bets $7.87 (all-in), Hero <font color="red"> raises to $26 </font>, Button <font color="red"> raises to $122.87 </font>, Hero...........?

While I'm fairly sure villain's raise isn't a complete bluff, it's possible his hand is as weak as TPNK. If he does have the flush, I have 10 outs to beat him. If my math is correct I need ~1.8:1 to call to beat the flush, and the pot's giving me ~1.8:1. Adding in the possibile non-flush hands villain may have, this is an easy call, right?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Middle set on monotone flop vs LAG

His most likely hand is a pair + flush draw. He could have a made flush or top set, but these are more remote possibilities.

call and dodge another spade.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Judging from the preflop reraise, you're probably looking at AA/KK with a spade. Calling here will win it enough times for it to be profitable.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM

I think it'd actualy be 7 outs on the turn and 10 outs on the river to fill up, right? I think that works out to about 33% to fill up by the river. So, given the 1.8:1 odds and the LAG/maniac read, I'd definitely call in this situation too, because he has a much wider range than just a flush here.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:53 PM

OVerpair with a spade for 400 Alex. YOu have him beat right now, and on the offshoot chance you dont, you have a lot of outs. Call city.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:00 PM

Instacall.