Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Flopped Boat vs River Push from a TAG

If this villain is indeed a good solid thinking tag, I think you lost to AK. The check behind on the flop followed by extreme agression on later streets is never a good sign. I'd probably consider a fold on that river, but I'd probably call anyway knowing that i'm beat.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:11 PM

looks to me like a typically trapping slowplay. I would be very surpised if villain didn't have AA or AK.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Final (stray) thoughs and results

[ QUOTE ]
If this villain is indeed a good solid thinking tag, I think you lost to AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is the question, isn't it?. Unfortunately 70 hands isn't anywhere near enough of a sample size to be conclusive. I've seen several examples recently where an opponents playing style turned out to be radically different than the first 100 hands or so suggested. I had that thought in mind as this played out and decided to threat villain as an "unknown with TAG tendencies."

Because of this, even though I suspected villain might have me beat, there were just too many other possible hands he might be playing here like this that I was still ahead of. <100 hands just wasn't enough for me to trust my "read" that I was beat.

So...I called. Villain hit his two-outer on the turn (well, techinically he had 4 outs since another K would still give him the pot). He showed AA for a bigger boat.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:24 PM

I don't think a solid player will put his stack in with KQ or KJ in this spot, since he can't expect another tag to call with a worst hand.