Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Default QQ vs Unknown on a coordinated board

Villain is a complete unknown. This is her second hand at the table. She won a very small pot the previous hand with aggression.

.25/.50 NLHE 6 max - 4 players
Hero has 341.15
BB has 51.80

Hero is on the Button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>: UTG folds, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $2 </font>, SB folds, BB <font color="red"> reraises to $6.50 </font>, Hero calls

($13.25) Flop <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets $10.50, Hero calls

($34.25) Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets $34.80 (all-in), Hero.........?

My thoughts: Even though villain is an unknown, she probably doesn't 3-bet PF with 54 or T9, so I don't think she has the straight. Based on the action, I think I'm looking at an overpair 99+, or maybe an aggressively played AcKc/KcQc. I'm almost dead center in the pocket pair range of villain's hand, and if we include the AK/KQ possibilities, I'm in the top third. I'm getting 2:1 to call both the flop and turn bets, so if I assume I'm a coin-flip to win, this is should be a call. Right?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: QQ vs Unknown on a coordinated board

you're looking at an overpair like you said.

99-JJ (hopefully) or KK-AA. i think i'd make the crying call here.. what is it, 1:22 he'll have the overpair?

she also could be severely too attached to AK-AJ.

worst situation is you're up against a set.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Make up your mind as to what hands villain 3 bets with preflop, and stick with it. That turn card changed nothing. I think you will likely be behind more often than you will be ahead in this spot, but you have no read and are getting 2:1, and it IS four handed. Up to you.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make up your mind as to what hands villain 3 bets with preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on how she plays. If she's a solid player who knows 6-max, I'm looking at 99+, AK, and maybe AQ. If she's a typical 6-max lag, I'm looking at any PP, any SC 89+, any suited Broadway, Axs, and maybe Kxs. If she's a nut-peddler I'm dead in the water lol.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you will likely be behind more often than you will be ahead in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put her on?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm up against a set, then I'm also probably up against that straight lol. 66, 77 or 88 don't usually 3-bet PF unless villain is a complete moran.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm up against a set, then I'm also probably up against that straight lol. 66, 77 or 88 don't usually 3-bet PF unless villain is a complete moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would suck, but i think you're up against missed overs or an underpair.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM

I think for me, I push or fold that flop..it seemed clear what was coming on the turn, and your $10 is just dead money.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:04 PM

You are good vs a typical LAG's range here and dead in the water vs a typical nut peddler. With no read, I like to give my opponents credit for the latter until proven otherwise, as they tend to prove the otherwise rather quickly. If you feel you are more likely to be ahead and are going to continue with the hand, just put 'em in on the flop,as there are a LOT of cards you will be playing guessing games with on the turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm interested to find out what the villain has, if our hero called. I'm thinking aces, but I go broke in this spot here.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking aces, but I go broke in this spot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're close. Villain had KK. Typical WA/WB situation, and this time I was WB heh.