Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:56 PM

Default 2 Stud/8 SNG Hands

The first hand is heads up against me and the only remaining player, he is bad - extremely loose passive on 3rd and just passive and weak after that.

The second hand is from somewhat early in the tourny before I realized how terrible everyone is.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low (400/800), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Hero: 3,078
Seat 4: 3,322

3rd Street - (0.25 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.25 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street - (3.13 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (3.13 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (3.13 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (3.13 BB)

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (converter)

Hero: 1,150
Seat 2: 360
Seat 4: 558
Seat 5: 1,874
Seat 6: 407
Seat 7: 1,074
Seat 8: 977

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.40 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.70 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.70 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.70 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (9.70 BB)
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: 2 Stud/8 SNG Hands

Are you betting the river in hand 1 because you think he'll fold a pair? I think I would check-fold the river (since he's weak-passive, he's not betting one pair when you have a pair on your board). There isn't a whole lot to win by betting, but an entire big bet to lose.

With two low-straight boards on 6th in the second hand, what is the value in betting?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Hand 1
Check fourth
Bet fifth
Bet sixth
River is opponent-dependent. Bet's not terrible.

Hand 2
Check sixth
Old 10-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
Check fourth
Bet fifth
Bet sixth
River is opponent-dependent. Bet's not terrible.

Hand 2
Check sixth

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

In the first hand, I don't see any benefit to the bet on 4th. That Ten doesn't look like it helped you and he's picked up an overcard. In addition, that CR shows some moxy for a weak player.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2
Check sixth

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 2 I don't really see any reason to check to them on 6th and give them a free shot at their straight, make them pay for it. It's not that likely that they already have it, plus you've still got a pretty good redraw.

I play both hands pretty much the same way as you did.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the first hand, I don't see any benefit to the bet on 4th. That Ten doesn't look like it helped you and he's picked up an overcard. In addition, that CR shows some moxy for a weak player.

[/ QUOTE ]

these sort of plays come up all the time heads up, he doesnt really have to have much of anything to put that check raise in, it's very likely hes doing pretty much the same thing as you are, him checking down a couple times makes me think your 2's could even be good, you might have made him fold a middle pair though
Old 10-29-2005, 11:28 PM

Hand 1 - I bet 7th because I had to win the pot to have a chance of winning the tournement. I do agree with poeple saying I should have checked 4th.

Hand 2 - I bet 6th because I figured that I with two players going low I had a good enough overlay to make up for the times when someone already has a straight and I dont fill up on the river. I am not sure the math on that but that was my reasoning at the time...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - I bet 7th because I had to win the pot to have a chance of winning the tournement.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, you should have at least bet 6th when you paired up. You gave him a free look at the river with tons of outs against your lone pair.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 PM

You are probably right, I was just hoping to make my low. I suck at stud/8
Old 10-30-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suck at stud/8

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone.