Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Thread

THE DETAILS:

WHAT: Ed Miller’s Bachelor Party

WHEN: Saturday October 15th

WHERE: 38 West 38th street, 5th floor, New York CITY Magazine

WHY: Debauchery. Pure unadulterated debauchery.

DETAILS: Private party to start right after Ed’s book signing event at the Satellite Club at 6:30PM SHARP. Alcoholic beverages and exotic dancers for Ed’s pleasure and our amusement will be provided.

FUNDING: We need to raise a minimum of $1,500 to cover the remaining expenses. I am asking that donations of $50 be made for those who wish to attend, or$25 for those who wish to contribute for Ed’s “gift” but cannot attend. To ensure complete accountability, I ask that each person who donates respond to the “Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Donation Fund” post with the amount of their contribution.

PERMISSION: Yes, Ed’s fiancé has given her permission for Ed to attend. She may rue the day she agreed to this!

DONATIONS: Currently we are accepting donations via Neteller or Paypal. To help pay for Ed’s travel expenses as well as numerous exotic dancers. Other options will be made available if found to be feasible. Please PM me with your name, amount of donation, and email address attributed to your Neteller or Paypal account. Remember to post “Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Donation Fund” post with the amount of your contribution to assure complete accountability. If you wish to donate via a player transfer at Pokerstars please PM me for details.

NETELLER: transfer funds to smcloughlin@themusicincubator.com
PAYPAL: transfer funds to ttpoker@gmail.com

EXCESS DONATIONS: Excess donations above our goal of $1,500 will be used to buy the future Mr. and Mrs. Miller a wedding gift, to be determined by nomination at the bachelor party.

WHAT ABOUT POKER?: Yes… there will be lots of poker for those who want to play, and for those who just want to party, that option is available as well. I suspect a Sunday morning road trip will occur to Atlantic City for those who are interested.

TRAVELING?: I have been contacted by numerous 2+2’ers who are traveling cross country for this special event (it’s not every day that Ed gets married), looking for advice on lodging. I recommend using Travelaxe to find the best possible prices (thanks Brad!).

TIPS: To make things easy, the exotic dancers will accept tips in the form of chips! Cool eh?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Thread

I have donated 25 bucks. I am first, I win.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:45 AM

can you believe I'm SERIOUSLY considering coming to this...LOL - NYC did rock big [censored] time...

though I'm hesitant to actually recommend it, I see my package that I am TENATIVELY pricing out to my old hotel is running about $675 for 4 days - that includes airfare and hotel -

my hotel was no frills in NJ (lots of airline folks stay there on layover) - but hell, all we're gonna do is friggen sleep for 3 hrs anyways....

and it's a block from that PATH train - it'll take you right into NYC - worked well last time I was there...

I may do this, and skip out on AC - that town was hard on me..

RB
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 PM

I"m in for $50.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:32 PM

I'm most likely in. I'll send the money and post again when I know for sure.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:32 AM

Paid in almost full. I owe you and Ed $1. Damn fees.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:34 AM

I'll put this out there for you and others:

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto. I'm in "East" Williamsburg, though some call it Bushwick. I recently took a cab ride to the airport through Bushwick though, and I have to say that I really do live in East Williamsburg.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to be closer than Moratti's! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to be closer than Moratti's! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

closer != safer.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:24 AM

Default a decent hotel you could stay at in Jersey City

guys, I'm not gonna make it....Love and kisses to all that debauchery...

when I was in NYC I stayed at a Ramada Limited over in Jersey City - it was a block (a long block though) from the Journal Square Station, and that PATH train will take you into the WTC -

it worked great when I was there - and it's cheap - a bit of a Soprano's vibe around there, but essentially - a good hotel - used a lot by airlines for layovers for their pilots - very lo frills -

you can find it on Expedia.com - anyone on a budget get one of the two bedroom rooms and split with folks...

that's my recommendation - if I was gonna go again, and wanted a cheap place to stay, I'd stay there...

and you can take the train from the airport to Journal Square easy...and on into Manhattan.

TT saw the hotel and the neighborhood - it was fine for our purposes - you'll only be there 2 hrs. the whole weekend anyways.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB