Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Default TPWK + FD vs a badly tilting TAG and a non-thinking LAG

BB is LAG. He's fairly aggressive, but doesn't think his plays through very well. He's bet and raised in some really bad places and gotten stacked (on a couple of my other tables) with hands as weak as MPNK. He also likes to call down in hopes of catching a hand, and when he does he usually pushes.

UTG is....interesting. The first 100 hands or so I played against her she showed classical TAG tendencies (22/8/2.5). Seemed to be a very good player. And then the big fish at the table (SB in this hand) managed to put a couple of really bad beats on her. In the next 100 hands her play disintegrated. Now, after about 200 hands shes running 38/18/1 and her WSD has shot up to 38%. About 10 hands before this one she supposedly folded AA when I check raised her w/ KQS on a K44 board. Then again, judging from the number of times she said she folded AA, she's getting pocket aces about every other hand lol.

SB is a typical LPP. He playes way more hands than he should, and stays with them way too long. On the other hand he's nice enough to let you know if he hits something. You just have to believe him when he raises lol.

As for me, I've been playing tight and very aggressive. The table is giving me a lot of respect and I've taken down several pots with bluffs and marginal hands. Edit: Both SB and UTG have generally been trying to avoid playing hands against me, preferring to go after each other than risk tangling with me. This is part of why I've been so aggressive on this table.

0.50/1 NLHE 6-max <font color="blue"> (6 players) </font>
Stacks:
Hero - $166.55
BB - $79.52
UTG - 113.25

Hero is on the Button w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB <font color="red"> raises to $4 </font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls

<font color="green"> My call was a quasi-misclick. The finger hit the button before the brain fully registered what the action was. I wished I could take it back as soon as it happened heh.</font>

($16) Flop <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets $15, UTG calls, Hero..........?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: TPWK + FD vs a badly tilting TAG and a non-thinking LAG

Your FE is zero, call and take a turn and see what hapens.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 PM

I agree with you that I'm not taking this pot down on the flop with a raise. However I think I would like to get this heads-up with the LAG and to prevent someone with the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from hanging around and possibly drawing out on me if I turn the flush.

I should have noted that SB and UTG have been on the table with me for a while, and they've both been generally avoiding playing in pots with me (trying to go after each other instead).

So I think it there's a fairly reasonable chance a raise will isolate the LAG. Should I call anyway?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:36 PM

An obvious call, I might try to isolate as the lag led, and the tag is calling with a made hand. The tag might fold, but most of the time I call and wait for turn action. Because of this "tilting" Tag I wait, not anything else.

Cambraceres&lt;&lt;Had one to many margueritas this afternoon
Old 12-08-2005, 05:40 PM

you are getting fairly decent odds to draw, and you will continue to get those odds as long as the player inbetween you and the bettor keeps calling. I say call here, and I would expect villain to slow WAY down on the turn after getting called in this spot twice unless he has a true fire-breather. Easy call, play poker on the turn....possibly raise all in there.