Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Default JJ overpair vs LAG

Villain is a preflop LAG who's been bullying the table just a bit - not completely running them over, but making them sweat a bit. Statwise he's 40/20/0.8 - if he misses the flop he turns passive. WSD is 42%.

Prima 0.50/1 NL 6-max 5 handed

Stacks:
Hero - 117
Button - 162

Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $6 </font>, Button <font color="red"> raises to $24 </font>, SB folds, BB calls $19.05 (all-in), Hero calls

($68.55) Flop <font color="blue"> (3 players, 1 all-in) </font>: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $93 (all-in)

Villain's range of hands is fairly large, even considering he 3-bet. My experience with this guy is he is NOT a thinking LAG. Once he decided his hand was worth a raise, he was raising regardless of what happened in front of him. I think I'm ahead of a significant percentage of what he'd raise with.

That being said, a PSB leaves me pretty much pot-committed on the turn, and since all my chips were going into the pot it was better to put them in now, than to let villain force them out of my stack later.

Thoughts?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: JJ overpair vs LAG

well u dont beat much here I think, what could he reraise u with preflop? The only likely hand that u beat is AK.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what could he reraise u with preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot! He does not seem to be thinking about what other people may have in their hands when he plays. At 20% his range of raising hands is pretty wide, even for a 3-bet. Those hands could include any 66+ (give or take), AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, any other suited Broadway, etc.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:21 PM

I like a c/r on flop. I know he's passive postflop, but a continuation bet with AQ, etc seems likely.

Anyway, if checked thru on flop bet out for 2/3 on turn, even if overcard.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:26 PM

yep I hear you, but the semi LAG guys seem to be agressive when they are first to act, reraises are more uncommon in my experience. looking forward to a reply on this though.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a c/r on flop. I know he's passive postflop, but a continuation bet with AQ, etc seems likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a flush draw, and a possible (though unlikely) straight draw on board. I really wouldn't want to give infinte odds for him to hit his hand, if that's what he's on. I also feel that, although I *think* I'm ahead at this point, I also think I'm very vulnerable. That being said, I'd really like villain out of the pot NOW.