Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: A question to stox, cup, morg, sublime, and any other Party affils

Explain to me why you think it's defined.

Based on what Craig, ITC and Stox have said, it all sounds like they're getting slightly different interpretations of party's policy.

If it's going to be true that whatever deal exists doesn't have the full approval of party, I would think that signing up with an affiliate and ad a minimum risking losing access to the most profitable pool of players online isn't worth it. (caveat, I don't play for a living, nor do I play often enough where rakeback is a primary concern for me personally)
Old 10-11-2005, 12:02 PM

it seems somewhat defined. this is what i have gathered.

giving players their rake back is not permitted.

however if an affil wants to 'reward' players for playing under them then that is acceptable.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:07 PM

This seems like a textbook definition of "not defined". That's the problem. We're all piecing things together.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:09 PM

Default A request

People,

I suggest we try and keep this thread clean. How about if you don't have any real knowledge, or anything useful to add, you avoid posting. This could be a fantastic thread, but no need to make it 6 pages when we only need to hear from the few people that really have something to add to the discussion (as noted by the OP).

I know my post adds nothing, but I just want to see some semblance of sanity here so I hope everyone understands.

This will be my only post in this thread (unless I develop a real question that has not already been addressed), so if you feel the need to quote my post and tell me how ironic it is that I added nothing of value while telling everyone else not to post if they don't add any value... well, your joke is real funny and I'm lauging in advance - now you can skip posting it.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems somewhat defined. this is what i have gathered.

giving players their rake back is not permitted.

however if an affil wants to 'reward' players for playing under them then that is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you hear this?

one of the 2+2'rs said I can get 35% back.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious if party accounts with previous rakeback deals will regain the ability to get rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been emailed this question over and over again. I would love for someone to answer it, I am guessing no.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: A request

[ QUOTE ]
People,

I suggest we try and keep this thread clean. How about if you don't have any real knowledge, or anything useful to add, you avoid posting. This could be a fantastic thread, but no need to make it 6 pages when we only need to hear from the few people that really have something to add to the discussion (as noted by the OP).

I know my post adds nothing, but I just want to see some semblance of sanity here so I hope everyone understands.

This will be my only post in this thread (unless I develop a real question that has not already been addressed), so if you feel the need to quote my post and tell me how ironic it is that I added nothing of value while telling everyone else not to post if they don't add any value... well, your joke is real funny and I'm lauging in advance - now you can skip posting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

MAxx wuzz here, Spring Break 1987
Old 10-11-2005, 02:09 PM

LOL...Tuesday afternoon and everyone is still baffled.
I will repeat what I have said a couple times now.

---I have been an affiliate for 3 years. I have never once lost my ability to give player rewards to select players. My players are enjoying business as usual as I type this.

---All affiliates are not created equal. Some have used public advertising in the past to lure players away from party. Some have remained loyal. Put yourself in Party's shoes and ask yourself who you will cater to 6 months down the road.

---Anyone who doubts my credibility can peruse my past posts although the most informative one was deleted.

Good luck finding your way in this mess.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, that's why I'm waiting for this stuff to shake out a bit and trying to educate myself as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my answer to your question.

IMO, nobody knows as much as they say they do. I have offers on the table that will allow me to offer rakeback on Party, but I want as much info before agreeing to anything for a few reasons. First and foremost being the well being on my players. Sure, I like the extra income being an affiliate provides, but I don't make enough to compensate for Party to tell me one month "Sorry Mike, your in violation of blah blah blah" and me not being able to pay a guy playing for a month money he was banking on.

A lot of posters view the delay in details being presented as signs of screwed behavior, when in fact its the opposite. We are not providing much info, because we dont feel we have as accurate information as we would like (well myslef anyways, and I think I speak for others).

~Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt go anywhere stox.

he has down a nice job advertising, though.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:12 PM

PATIENCE!

I probably don't have as much credibility as others, but in this case I think those who wait will the happiest. I am not going to go into any details, but my educated guess is that old saying "good things come to those who wait" is quite true in this case.