Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Queens on the button

One of my leaks that I'm working on is not getting married to high pocket pairs and folding them when necessary. Most of the time it can be clear cut. But others aren't.

I'm on the button with QQ. MP2 is new to the table. MP3 has been a little tight and passive and has only raised preflop a couple of times.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ??.

I'm not sure about MP2 with him calling then capping the flop but I think MP3 has a big pocket pair. I think between the two of them, I'm behind in this hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Queens on the button

The pot is pretty big, but it's going to be pretty expensive to find out if you're best. The limp/cap could be donkalicious, but it may also be AA/KK. MP3 isn't scared of it. It could be JJ, but AA/KK are more likely. I think you can fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM

MP2 limped re-raised. You are likely behind to Aces or Kings here or are beating JJ or AK. Call or 3 bet the flop, but try to see a SD cheaply. Sometimes 3 betting the flop will get you that SD cheaper, other times it will make it more expensive.

You can bail on this hand later if it gets to hot, but not yet.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my leaks that I'm working on is not getting married to high pocket pairs and folding them when necessary. Most of the time it can be clear cut.[ QUOTE ]

By you saying this, tells me you got beat which may sway responses. I think it would be more beneficial to leave this info until after a few have posted. Besides the point,you should probably fold on the flop. Need some good reads on this hand before we can proceed.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of my leaks that I'm working on is not getting married to high pocket pairs and folding them when necessary. Most of the time it can be clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

By you saying this, tells me you got beat which may sway responses. I think it would be more beneficial to leave this info until after a few have posted. Besides the point,you should probably fold on the flop. Need some good reads on this hand before we can proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, I'll try to remember that in the future. I did fold the hand, but on the turn after calling the flop. Also, I did say that MP2 was new to the table and that MP3 was tight and hadn't raised but a couple of times preflop.