Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 AM

Default I\'m a hamster... or yo-yo.. or...(stats)

14.5k hands at 3/6 6max... I'm at 0.38bb/100 and its really frustrating. I was 2.2bb/100 at 2/4 full over 60k hands and 3.3bb/100 at 3/6 full over 30k hands. I studied alot to prepare and make the proper adjustsments to 6 max. Not sure if I'm just running bad or if I'm pissing away cash somewhere I can't see. I bounce up and down 100bb's, most sessions is around 50bb which is pretty much normal I gather. However I simply can't get any forward momentum.. I'll hit a nice rush.. then get steamrolled by soul-crushing bad-beats and dump it all. I can't even get sets to hold up, nevermind hit a draw... blah blah..

Anyway, if anyone could just take a quick glance at these stats and tell me if anything jumps out...

VPIP: 25.84
VPIP/SB: 30.28
PFR: 12.2
AF: 1.21 (pf inc) 1.71 (w/o pf)

Folded SBtS: 79
Folded BBtS: 46

Att to Steal: 23

W$WSF: 34.6
WTSD: 37
W$SD: 55

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: I\'m a hamster... or yo-yo.. or...(stats)

To passive. I think until you get a feel for 6 max you should try to tighten up a little bit and raise a little more preflop. 22/16 type.
cheers.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM

you are like really passive. Both before the flop, calling way to much, and after the flop.
Your WTSD and W$SD are resoneble BUT you never ever seems to pick up the small pots. W$WSF: 34.6 is nothing in this weak game. Sorted for 5-6 players I have this number at 46%!

So my tipp is to start stealing alot call less AND BET THAT FLOP. (you will do better betting it EVERY time as a preflop raiser then you seem to do now)
Old 09-06-2005, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think getting my vpip down is definately something I need to do, also I'm probably missing a lot of value bets on the river when I have a hand because I've become so gun-shy due to huge number of times I've been getting raised by a rivered two-pair, backdoor draw etc etc. MUTB syndrome.

With regards to betting the flop, I do, alot. If its heads-up or three-way I almost always put in a continuation bet.

How are you playing overcards against these passive opponents? The typical situation is I open raise with AK, AJ, KJ etc. Whiff on the flop and bet. They call. Miss the turn and bet (because they'll peel the flop regardless of the texture). Miss the river.. now what? How often are you firing off all three barrels un-improved? Once these passive players hit any piece of the flop I find they simply won't fold. They'll also call-down with Ace-high/no kicker. They all have WTSD% between 40 and 60. Considering you have next to zero fold equity I feel like betting the river, or calling their inevitable bet if you check is just spewing. What am I missing?