Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Default misplayed KK?

Greetings gents, wondering about my play on this hand, in particular my reluctance to reraise CO on the flop. It seems retarded that I simply called him, only to lead out into him again on the turn. My first fear was TJ for two pair, but it's clear to me now that he could've raised a flush/straight draw, or his AJ TPTK. Plus, wouldn't a reraise by me on the flop have possibly folded out the other player, who would have to face an additional two bets? I think I wimped out here, and just wanted some feedback. Thanks

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 09-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: misplayed KK?

First off it would be nice if you had some sort of read on CO like is he aggressive or passive, or what...but I'll assume you have no reads
Preflop - Good
Flop - Since you indicated no reads I would say calling is ok, but a 3bet could be in order here if its possible for CO to RR with Top pair...
Turn - Since he RR you on the flop I would check here and than call his bet...
River - Same as the turn
Old 09-26-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off it would be nice if you had some sort of read on CO like is he aggressive or passive, or what...but I'll assume you have no reads
Preflop - Good
Flop - Since you indicated no reads I would say calling is ok, but a 3bet could be in order here if its possible for CO to RR with Top pair...
Turn - Since he RR you on the flop I would check here and than call his bet...
River - Same as the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i would do and i wouldn't like it when villian shows JTo
Old 09-26-2005, 03:18 PM

3-bet that flop near 100% of the time. You are more than likely ahead here, and you have a BDFD and BDSD as well. Even against two-pair you aren't in a terrible situation since pairing up the non-paired cards in villain's hand gives you a better two-pair.

Against unknowns - if he caps the flop, lead the turn. If he raises again, go to call-down mode.

Flop: Bet/3-bet
Turn: Bet/call
River: Check/call (lead here if he only calls your turn bet)
Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 PM

Three bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river. If I get capped on the flop though I'll probably just call down.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 PM

*grunch*
I totally 3-bet this flop. If he caps, I lead out on the turn anyway, and if he raises, I call and having overcards I lead out again on the blank river. If he raises oh well I call...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:36 PM

If you bet/call this flop you should never check the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:37 PM

I think you're right about not reraising the flop but also, why wouldn't you bet the river here?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:40 PM

He doesn't bet the river because he got raised on both the flop and the turn.

Why aren't we 3betting the flop? Many villians would play TP the same way ...
Old 09-26-2005, 04:02 PM

OK, sorry I should've caught that.