Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:43 PM

Default AKs Call,Fold, Raise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero?

MP1 is 37/15/1.9
MP3 is 62/.9/1.7

I think preflop and flop are really standard. Do you call 2 back to you on the flop with TPTK?

On the turn, Do you give up getting 21.5 to 2 with a potential reraise behind you?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: AKs Call,Fold, Raise?

Muck. One of them can obviously beat TPTK
Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM

I angrily fold here. MP1 check/3-bet your ass on the flop, he ain't foolin around.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM

With the flop action, I'd be concerned. I'd put MP1 on most likely two pair and discount a set of aces since you're holding one and there's one on the board. MP3 comes alive after the flop so I'd be asking myself if he has a set 6's or 7's. With two more back to me, I'd be thinking I need runner runner to win and the pot odds aren't there.

Maybe I'm just seeing monsters under the bed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 PM

If these guys weren't such huge donkeys I think I could find a fold on the turn. But I think I call and hope MP1 slows down.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:55 PM

i would normally fold. It looks that only A on the river helps me and I have smth. like 7-8 to 1 only (reraise now is possible, but if A falls, it will probably scare pocket pairs bettors). What is
37/15/1.9 please? i didnot find it in FAQ.

perflop % / ? / agressivness? what is in the middle?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If these guys weren't such huge donkeys I think I could find a fold on the turn. But I think I call and hope MP1 slows down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what was going through my mind on the turn. They are both pretty LAG. I am pretty sure that I am behind. But we've all had those hands where 2 donkeys just go crazy and think their JJ and AT are good on this board. I get SO pissed when I fold those hands.

Edit: I guess I shoud check the turn card before I post hypothetical hands. AT is pretty good and better than AKs at this point.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what was going through my mind on the turn. They are both pretty LAG. I am pretty sure that I am behind. But we've all had those hands where 2 donkeys just go crazy and think their JJ and AT are good on this board. I get SO pissed when I fold those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially in a pot this size, when you still have tons of outs to beat any two pair hand, I think I would be hard pressed to fold against these opponents.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM

Im thinking the best you can do on this one is split the pot.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM

/me as poker newbie would fold.

I think there is a good change you will beat mp1 (preflop suggests something he likes, perhaps AQ or KK or something a bit worse.).

MP3 is however more a problem. I think there is a reasonable change that your up against a set and even when u hit another A or K that won't be enough to beat it. Another K gives u just 2Pair and another aces gives your opponent possible a fullhouse).

Besides that; even if your up against something like 2pair you will probably need to pay a lot for it. It doesn't seem like MP1 and MP3 are going to slow down. So to check if TPTK is good enough you will have to pay 2 much.