Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 10:16 PM

Default How much adjustment is needed for 1/2??

Well I've decided to settle into 1/2. I won about 55 BB in a 1000 hands before today. Short term luck I know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I've dropped 86 BB in about 3 hours of 3 tabling.

I'm beginning to question my play. One of the problems I think is I'm open raising way too many hands. My PFR stands at 13.11. Some hands I open up with are A7s from MP mid pairs from middle position and stealing from hijack and CO with things as low as 78o and I think this causes me problems postflop. I need work here I suppose. But do I need to start making fancier plays and get away from ABC poker already?

I'm playing draws aggresively and my TPs aggresively as well, but when I meet resistance and theres some semblance of a made hand I will fold.

That's the dilemma I've been running into. I'm use to being the aggresor in hands and at 1/2 I feel that's taken away from me.

In this hand villian isslightly loose and haven't seen anything spectacular with their postflop play. Meaning his postflop play is fairly straight forward.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

I was pulling the stop and go in this hand.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: How much adjustment is needed for 1/2??

I find 1/2 is just as soft as .50/1, with good table selection.

Also, thats an easy flop 3-bet. The hand plays very differently from there, calling the raise is scared poker.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 PM

this question gets asked a lot. play poker. win. 1/2 is not hard. when i get drunk i stop using the shift key sorry
Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 PM

I wasn't scared of of his raise. I was planning to pop him on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't scared of of his raise. I was planning to pop him on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 PM

The bets are bigger on the turn. If I 3-bet him on the flop and he just has a jack, he'd check it to me on the turn and I'd lose a bet. It's a pretty standard move for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:34 PM

Yeah your play in this hand is great. Overall I find myself stealing alot at the tighter 1/2 tables but you have to pick the opponents to do it against. I also isolate alot etc. These things will affect your variance so your loss today might not mean that much. Post more hands I suppose but this one was played great.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-14-2005, 10:36 PM

I would reraise the flop.
If the flop was capped by villain I think I would check/call to the river unless I improved.
Not sure about the turn and river in this case, but I think I would play it the same unless I had good reads on the villain.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bets are bigger on the turn. If I 3-bet him on the flop and he just has a jack, he'd check it to me on the turn and I'd lose a bet. It's a pretty standard move for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a lot of faith if you read a check raise as 'jack high'.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a lot of faith if you read a check raise as 'jack high'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that hand smells a lot like J9 or 99 to me. I wouldn't be expecting to win when I called down the river.