Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:29 AM

Default too fancy?

this was an interesting hand. UTG is the primary reason I'm at the table, weighing in at a beautiful 55/1.6/0.6. Button is a serial cold-caller who is a thinker post-flop and knows how to fold - he's at 47/13/1.6.

the bkg here is important - several hands ago button started berating me for raising him on the river when I hit my straight and he hit his flush (he called J7s after I raised AQ in early), I guess he was ticked that I scared him, telling me what a great raise it was and yadda yadda. I engaged playfully but certainly trashtalkingly, and a lot of talking ensued. Now there is def a tension there that neither of us wants to lose to the other at showdown, and I got the feeling that he was calling two any time I raised to try and catch something crazy and so he could let me hear it ...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
buddylister calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button serialcoldcaller calls, SB calls, BB buddylister/ calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, buddylister checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, serialcoldcaller calls, SB folds, buddylister calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
buddylister checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">serialcoldcaller bets</font>, buddylister calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, serialcoldcaller calls, buddylister folds.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, serialcoldcaller calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: too fancy?

I don't like the turn play. Not so much the raise as the check. Give them a chance to fold or make them pay on this drawy board. You can't count on villain to bet and your valueraise is pretty thin. If you are behind at this point you risk a reraise which you have to call.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 AM

I don't really understand if you are bluffing or value betting. Turn sucks.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:59 AM

Not sure why you checked the turn. Should have kept betting.