Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-09-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Laptop poker addicts: Which Laptop to Buy? Dell/Toshiba/Other?

Yes, I do 4-table on it. I have 768MB RAM, which is enough to run 4 tables, PT, PV and Mozilla at the same time.

But I'm guessing you're more curious about the screen. It definitely does take a day or two to get used to it (mainly Internet and AIM, not poker). The Party chat boxes are still easily readable. I find making webpage text bigger helps a lot. If you have more questions, either reply or shoot me a PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:10 PM

Celeron sucks. 2.4Ghz or better Pentium should be PLENTLY.

RAM iz goot. More iz bettar.

You don't need WUXGA but you definitely need at least UXGA. The difference is widescreen. XXXX * 1200 is what you want.

I 4table on my 15in UXGA. It works but chat is hard to read on some sites. Buttons and cards are never a problem. NL sliders are rarely a problem, party is about as small/worthless as I like to go.

I personally don't like DELL computers, every one I see seems to have some lame Windows problem. This may be caused by the machines and it may be caused by the idiots running them. In any case, I buy chembook and sager laptops. If all you care about is poker then there's no reason to buy a sager, the chembooks will handle it fine. They both have good driver support and you do not have to buy the OS with them. The last sager I bought didn't support win98 anymore so I actually had to buy another windows OS. No big deal, 1 OS purchase in 8 years is acceptable. Before I get flamed, all I use windows for is gaming and poker so win98 was perfectly fine.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Why do so many people hate Dell?
Am I making a mistake looking at them?

I gotta admit they offer great prices after rebates and they're so goddamn popular..

My head is spinning from all the laptop review websites and forums...
Old 07-09-2005, 05:33 PM

I don't hate them, everyone I know that has one is a complete computer donk and is probably screwing them up. I doubt you're making a mistake by at least looking at them.

Yeah, there's a lot of info out there... read read read and don't buy the first one that looks good.