Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 03:46 PM

Default 6 max push

Another 6 max hand here, started off as a family pot. Table has been very loose, I did not have time to reload before this hand was dealt
Hero - CO- ($30)
SB ($66)
BB ($123)
Button ($53)

Limpfest to me in CO, I limp with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB raises to 3 total. UTG+1 calls, I call. Button raises to $9.5. BB and UTG+1 call.

I really don't want to call a third of my stack and fold on the flop if I don't hit one of my pair, so I push it in. If I had the max buyin I would have called. I am fairly confident that this pot will be 4 way with me all in, so is this a fairly standard push to see all 5 cards? I just remember an examply of this from Ciaffone's book where he pushes with 9944 and decided to go for it
Old 06-29-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: 6 max push

Your hand is much stronger than 9944. You have straight possibilities, straight blockers, and 88 is slightly better than 44.

I like making this play once in a while. You can also put in the first raise.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:51 PM

I remember that story from Ciaffone, too, and then after I pushed a similar holding multiway I twodimes it an found I had a lot less equity than I thought I did. I think in that example he got kinda chased in rather than pushing with an option to call. Its better as a "no set, no bet" hand kinda like small pp's in holdem i think (though you have some straight possibilities as well).
Old 06-29-2005, 06:11 PM

I actually had alot more equity than I thought I would. I don't think I would normally make this play, but like I said the table was very loose and after everyone called the $10 I was sure they would call my allin with with some pretty junky hands. 4 way I was about .33 EV wise as was someone with JJQK and two junk AKxx hands shared the rest