Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Saving your stack

You hold TTxx on button and villian, somewhat laggy, holds 77xx UTG in PLO (unraised preflop). Your stack sizes are equal. Five see a flop of 77T. You bet pot on flop and are checkraised by villian. It is folded to you and a reraise puts you all in. Is there any way to save your stack here? This happened to me twice tonight on Party (flopped top boat vs. flopped quads) and I lost my stack both times. Am I just unlucky? The odds of a flopped top boat versus flopped quads must be pretty small and then add to that the likelihood of having it happen twice in one session.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Saving your stack

You can never save your stack to quads over top boat in low stakes online PLO. Never. Pay off and reload.

-Matt
Old 07-01-2005, 02:43 AM

No way to lose your stack here with the stack sizes. If you were much deeper stacked, then you could probably call the raise and check-call the turn and river.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The odds of a flopped top boat versus flopped quads must be pretty small and then add to that the likelihood of having it happen twice in one session.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once in a lifetime, most likely. I wouldn't even consider folding here...

I played with someone who lost to six set over set situations in one night, that has to be close to a record.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You hold TTxx on button and villian, somewhat laggy, holds 77xx UTG in PLO (unraised preflop). Your stack sizes are equal. Five see a flop of 77T. You bet pot on flop and are checkraised by villian. It is folded to you and a reraise puts you all in. Is there any way to save your stack here? This happened to me twice tonight on Party (flopped top boat vs. flopped quads) and I lost my stack both times. Am I just unlucky? The odds of a flopped top boat versus flopped quads must be pretty small and then add to that the likelihood of having it happen twice in one session.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be losing your stack every time here. It's the right play. Too many idiots are willing to push with A7 or 7T here, and there is only one combiation of a hand that beast you. Don't sweat it.

-Todd
Old 07-01-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with someone who lost to six set over set situations in one night, that has to be close to a record.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is quite a bit different than top full vs quads.