Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 05:07 PM

Default A Cautionary Tale

I was eating dinner at the table when I picked up AKs UTG. Since this was a loose game with a maniac in late position who was raising most pots, I decided to go for a limp-reraise. The fact that a few opponents may have known that I usually play only premium hands while eating was another factor favoring deception. I was waiting for the action to return to me when I was suddenly assaulted with an irresistible impulse to sneeze. I had a mouthful of tuna salad at the time, and I knew I would not have time to swallow it or reach for a napkin before the sneeze struck. Not wanting to spray may opponents with my dinner, I shut my lips tightly and turned my head as I sneezed. This procedure propelled a substantial quantity of tuna into my nasal passages and forebrain (I think). My poker game has seemed a bit off ever since. The morale of the story I will leave to others to elaborate.

I don’t imagine there is anything you can do or say to help me. I only hope that by sharing my story, I may help others avoid my sad fate.

Mike

Old 09-06-2001, 05:39 PM

Default Re: A Cautionary Tale

That is the most horrible thing I have ever heard of happening to anyone at the poker table!! Thanks so much for sharing it, I laughed for two solid minutes!

Of course you know what it is that we all just HAVE TO KNOW...

Did you win the pot???!!!!!!

Dave in Cali
Old 09-06-2001, 05:46 PM

I wish I could remember. [img]/images/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
Old 09-06-2001, 08:05 PM

A tu-natious tale if I've ever hoid one. Thanks for sharing your "tuna on the brain story". Hmmm.... "fishbrain" ...isn't he a famous movie star?

Vince
Old 09-07-2001, 04:42 AM

Thank you for providing the perfect forum for my public service message.

They ought to put warning labels on tuna salad.

Mike
Old 09-09-2001, 12:17 AM

Mike- that is a hysterical story about snorting the tuna. Poker is great entertainment! Good that you can laugh at yourself as well as the other "fish" in the game. (ha).