Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Interesting hand - Please help (LONG)

I cant remember the hand exactl but close enough to get some comments I hope.

The other big stack (both around $150 or so dont have HH here) and I go at it at a PP 6 max table. He raises my BB from the button and figure that I can take the pressure with my k[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 89
The board comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]:

I consider my options on this hand and figure that I have plenty of outs against a made straight, I can take it down right now (there was about 5 in the pot at this point)

I bet the pot and he calls. I Consider what he could have and figure him for two clubs, a straight draw, but not both (he would have raised an OES+FD I think). I think he would have reraised with the made straight, as I havent really seen him slowplay, except to checkraise. Maybe he has AA with clubs.

The turn brings the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which is about as safe a card as I can hope for as he wouldnt be calling to make the idiot end of the straight. . I bet around 2/3rds of the pot and he calls once more.

Maybe his hand was better than I thought. A set trying to catch a fullhouse is not out of the question either. What could our villan have?

The river brings the 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I guess this is the best card i can hope for, other than one which improves my hand. I think I am still good, and bet the pot, which he immediately reraises all in (~50 bet and a reraise of about 30).

I considered the range of hands he could have here. I felt so confused because this made no sense. If he had flopped the nut straight he wouldnt play it like this. If he was afraid of clubs (as I am likely to bet out HU with nut flush draw) he would have raised on the turn. I was completely baffled. AA2 with two clubs, this hand was looking more likely, as I play pretty aggressive and we have played at least 100 hands together. My time was running out and with about 6 seconds left I decide to fold as there are way too many hands that beat me, even though the hand made no sense. He could be bluffing, but that seems unlikely, and he could be bluffing with the best hand like a set or something.

After I fold he shows QJc for a gutshot straight + flush draw.

How bad did I mess up this hand? Who calls here and why? Am I the only one who thinks that this bluff is completely retarded as there is a good chance considering how the hand played out that I had the nuts?

Please give me some feed back as this hand will bother me for a while. Should the fact that the action on the river by my opponent makes absolutely no sense to me further push someone towards a call?

How badly did I mess up the rest of the hand?

Any and all comments are appreciated. Any tips for spotting bluffs also appreciated.