Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Saints / Giants Under

Hi all, I don't bet sports much, but I read here a lot. I see a lot of people come in and promise to post their picks all year long, then they disappear. Me, I'll probably disappear, so I won't make promises like that.

Anyways, I like the under in the Saints/NYG game on Monday night. My reasoning is because the Saints are likely to be overbet on emotion.

Secondly, the Saints are weak vs. the run. Everybody talks about how NO beat CAR last week, which was a huge win. But CAR averaged over 5 yds/carry. With Eli looking shaky in week 1, and Tiki/Jacobs looking good, I expect to see a lot of running from the Giants. Likewise, the Saints have promised (and seemed to back it up with 33 rushes, 24 passing plays in week 1) to be a ground-first team.

If NO falls behind, they may start to pass more (they were in the lead for much of week 1) but even then, I'm not convinced that Brooks can hurt the G-men much through the air.

The Giants did put up 42 (or some such number) during the first week, but I don't see 2 special teams TDs happening again. I just see both teams on the ground, grinding up the clock.

Other thoughts?

hd
Old 09-19-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Saints / Giants Under

I like your pick, although I do look for Eli to have a solid game.
Playing at home, with a win under his belt, against the Saints, with two big targets to throw to, should help settle him down.

Being an OleMiss guy, I'm looking forward to watching, cause I win either way! (eli & deuce)

damn Vandy.