Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: These umpires are UNBELIEVABLE

[ QUOTE ]
It can be tough to see depending on which side he's leaning on. That is something that would be real difficult I think. But you can't blame the umps for the Angels woes.

In 4 games they have drawn a total of 2 walks. Their superstar slugger Guerrero is hitting .062, their leadoff man Figgins is hitting .071 and their perennial allstar Anderson is hitting .133. Their pitching has been spotty and they are basically getting owned. The umps blew a few calls but it doesn't change the fact the Angels have been spanked so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a few bad calls but it is surprising the have gone in favor of the Sox considering no one in the media likes them. Also the calls wouldn't have been so bad if the Angels players had actually done what they were supposed to do. Finley not running it out??? What a joke. The White Sox came to play and the Angels are trying to rely on the umpires to get them back into games. Maybe we should skip game 5 and just throw a pity party for the Angels because that's what they are looking for.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:39 AM

If finley wasnt busy selling the call AND running to first he would have been safe at first and a run would have scored. You cant do both you got to either stop and sell your case or run full speed, not run and point back to home plate. 3 complete games and almost a 4th the white sox have outplayed the Angels completely. Im not a fan of either team.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:44 AM

Anyone who says that the White Sox have outplayed the Angels for the series must be watching a different series. The last 2 games the White Sox have outplayed the Angels; however, the first 2 games of the series were quite evenly matched. The angels have bascially shot themselves in the foot this series (2 unearned runs in the game 2 loss, a 1 hit 3 run 1st inning in game 4). Anywho, I'm interested to see how game 5 plays out, after all I believe the last team to blow a 3-1 series lead was from chicago [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
foots
Old 10-16-2005, 12:56 AM

I am on the Angels to win the series, so I'm not too happy about these calls - but the White Sox have clearly played better.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after all I believe the last team to blow a 3-1 series lead was from chicago [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
foots

[/ QUOTE ]

A pinstriped team from New York did last year, too!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

hd