Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Micro Table is Up!!!

Careful though, too loose for that table is not necessarily too loose for the tables you normally play. That table is brutally tight and aggressive, and I was folding tons of stuff I normally play. I think my flop% was 12% [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

small pairs EP? muck. medium suited connectors in EP? nope. you never have enough limpers and it's guranteed to be raised.

Man it was fun playing that style vs. thinking opponents. Fun but makes me glad I dont have to play in games like that on a regular basis!

BTW I was webguru_, the fish in the #5 seat [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 05:32 AM

Mine was 8% flops seen, even cold called with A8s and limped in with K10s in early position just to get involved, was particulary helpful for me cos most hands were heads up so gives me some hands to review for good strategy.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:02 PM

You seemed to hold your own pretty well given your lenght of experience. I guess I just learnt that I have a long, long way to go - especially in dealing with aggression. I seem to have a knack for betting in to better hands and folding to worse hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

My most memorable hands were a pair of pocket 9s that homer read perfectly and suckered me in with his flopped A pair and my AQs 2 pair that lost a chunk to a flopped set of 3s.

I guess I need to go thru poker tracker to find out where I was going wrong....

It was fun tho - and very different [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seemed to hold your own pretty well given your lenght of experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit a pretty good run of cards, especially if JTG was in a hand... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If he had AQ I had AK. If he had KK I had QQ and a Q flopped. It was almost comical, he couldn't catch a break.

I got some good cards, played em strong, got lucky a few times, and still barely beat the rake [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] If I had to play those guys every day I'd take up Keno.

Let me say thanks to all the experienced players who took time to play for peanuts and help us newbies out! You guys rock! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks to all the other micro players who played, too. Game was super fun and educational.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:21 PM

Scott, my note on you was "loose open-raising standards". It was a good idea to steal frequently at the table, but I had the good fortune to be the BB when you open-raised 2 off the button a few times and called you with Axo to find you had T9s or something similar.

Of course, I was lead limper at the late table, so I guess I shouldn't criticize. 4 for 5, baby.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:05 AM

We're still playing at GeeOhTee's table if anyone wants to join. 5-handed right now.

-- Homer
Old 01-23-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Sorry I couldn\'t make it...

I didn't get home from TV shopping till around 10PM. But the 51' Sony HD should be good enough to watch the Pats win the bowl.

Next Time,
Joe Tall
Old 01-23-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Sorry I couldn\'t make it...

But the 51' Sony HD should be good enough to watch the Pats win the bowl.

If you really have a 51 foot HD, I'm a jealous man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually, I was in the market for a new TV a couple weeks back and almost bought Sony's 51" HD. I ended up opting for a projector instead, and I'm glad I did! It's a 100" picture that's amazingly sharp and comes with an HD tuner. Surround sound is also a must have, if you don't have it already.

GoT
Old 01-23-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Sorry I couldn\'t make it...

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up opting for a projector instead, and I'm glad I did! It's a 100" picture that's amazingly sharp and comes with an HD tuner. Surround sound is also a must have, if you don't have it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked into HD tech projectors. But I just don't have the type of room for it. And yes, that's a typo it's 51", doh!

Oh, the sound has been done for a bit. All I watch is sports and movies, so I've had surround, just not HD.

Peace,
Joe Tall