Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Permanently scarred by childhood Taco Bell experiences

I staying up in Washington Heights right now, and work on 114th & b/way. I dont think there is a Taco Bell nearby but there is a GREAT taco place a couple blocks away. I can usually sneak off there but today I couldnt leave do to some training stuff I needed to do.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I staying up in Washington Heights right now, and work on 114th & b/way. I dont think there is a Taco Bell nearby but there is a GREAT taco place a couple blocks away. I can usually sneak off there but today I couldnt leave do to some training stuff I needed to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell on 125 and Bway right by the 1/2 Train.

I'm on 95rd and bway. There used to be one across from my apt..they closed it for a [censored] tasti-dlite.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

The fact that you knew it would give you explosive diarrhea and you ate it anyway should give you a clue about the awesomeness. I'm sure your stomach has built up a level of tolerance to crap that it didn't have 9 years ago. Do it.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:21 PM

Damn your fast. Ill check it out if not this week then next and post a trip report.

Have you tried Dinosaur BBQ, its around the corner from the 1/2 stop by Fairway under the west side highway. The chicken wings are amazing.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you knew it would give you explosive diarrhea and you ate it anyway should give you a clue about the awesomeness

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point
Old 10-05-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn your fast. Ill check it out if not this week then next and post a trip report.

Have you tried Dinosaur BBQ, its around the corner from the 1/2 stop by Fairway under the west side highway. The chicken wings are amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's committed to memory..When I do have taco bell, I take the subway up there and cab it home. Pathetic yes.

My friends upstate have raved about Dinosaur BBQ in the past, I've heard this is good. I will try it. The only eating I do up by us is this restauraunt Carne on 105th and Bway. I love that place. Best burgers in manhattan.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Def. check go there. I ate there for the 1st time last week and have gone there 3 times since. It puts me in a food coma every time.

I ate so much the first time I went there it sparked an argument between my girlfriend and I, GOOD TIMES!!

Also, check out Fondo e Taqueria Mexicana at 106th and Amsterdam for huge, good tacos. Plus, free homemade chips and spicy salsas. The burritos are the size of small children, and sooo cheap.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Def. check go there. I ate there for the 1st time last week and have gone there 3 times since. It puts me in a food coma every time.

I ate so much the first time I went there it sparked an argument between my girlfriend and I, GOOD TIMES!!

Also, check out Fondo e Taqueria Mexicana at 106th and Amsterdam for huge, good tacos. Plus, free homemade chips and spicy salsas. The burritos are the size of small children, and sooo cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just got a little food boner. I'll check that out this weekend.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:36 PM

My bad, its "Taqueria y Fonda la Mexicana", its a hole in the wall and tiny. Also, the address is 968 Amsterdam Ave and its between 107 and 108 (west side of the street).

Posting the exact address cause I know where it is and I still walk right by when I go there sometimes...
Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad, its "Taqueria y Fonda la Mexicana", its a hole in the wall and tiny. Also, the address is 968 Amsterdam Ave and its between 107 and 108 (west side of the street).

Posting the exact address cause I know where it is and I still walk right by when I go there sometimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, thanks, I just favorited this thread. I see a blunt and burrito in my future for saturday afternoon.