Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 01:14 AM

Default late stars 10rebuy decision

watchin a friend who has just over average stack with about 180 000, 22 pple left blinds 4000 8000. He has raised or rr pushed several of the last few hands and won.
HE has QQ late position opens for 30 000 folded to bb who quickly goes all in with a slightly larger stack.
I say instant call, he very hesitantly calls saying he wanted to lay them down badly.
bb wins with AA, my friend says calling was wrong and good tourney players can lay down these kinds of hands, i say it looks like a steal and u are ahead majority of the time
what do u think
Old 08-13-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: late stars 10rebuy decision

Who really throws away QQ here? I sure don't.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:58 AM

Late position raise. BB could be pushing with a suited connector. I would generally atleast push from BB with a standard early position raising hand, AQ, 99, AJs, KQs, or better. If you fold QQ here, when do you ever call a reraise?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:47 AM

Very easy call. It's one thing to make monster laydowns in live tournaments with deep stacks, and physical tells, but online theres not so much room for that. I probably call that all in with a lot worse than QQ and insta-call with queens. Just because he happened to have AA that one time doesn't mean you were wrong to call.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:55 AM

i think you shouldnt give any advice to your friend if hes going to respond like that.

and its an instant call, even if your friend hasnt been playing aggressively as you say