Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: My Smoking Plan: Am I Fooling Myself?

This will not work.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can not stress it enough do not have even one puff. gl

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true.
As a person who once quit but smokes again, I assure you: it takes exactly one cigarette to get you back. If you want to live smoke free life, there cannot be exceptions ever. I recommend instead of thinking of how you will never have a cigarette again, think about the first couple of weeks you went without them and be happy you won't have to go through that torture again.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 PM

Do not smoke. EVER! not even a drag! not from a cigarette, not from a spliff & not from a pipe. Nothing. Ever. You are now a recovering smoker (not too different from a recovering alcoholic). If you have one drag from a cig right now, it will hit you so hard you gonna think to yourself "Jesus this is good, am willing to get 10x cancer for this".

I was a 20 a day smoker for 8 years, then quit for 1 year. I didn't smoke at all... and then I got nostaligic. What would it be like if I had a cig... just for old time's sake... am not addicted anymore... so surely enough I could have a cigarette, just one.

I was back on 20 a day quicker than I could think possible.

I've now quit again but it was a painful process. Don't do it to yourself. Why would you? I mean, don't you feel much healthier already now?

Although a drag on a cigarette might sound like a good thing to you right now... and trust me, your first cigarette would be heavenly, after 1 pack your body will have got used to the nicotine again and the buzz of the cigarette will be gone.

Then it's back to the nasty taste, the yellow teeth, the bad breath and the morning coughs.

Cigarettes do not offer you anything. You have given nothing up.

Enjoy your life as a non-smoker & look at smokers not with envy but with pity.

Peace.