Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: AKs UTG

ATC = Any Two Cards, because he is on the button folded to him and he is raising.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:12 PM

Why do you think he has AA or KK?
Old 03-08-2005, 03:40 PM

I dont understand the point of pushing all in here. Are you trying to represent a bluff? This play looks like the only thing it will accomplish is getting villain to fold hands you are WAY ahead of like 99-KK, weaker aces, or smaller flush draws that you really want calling another bet. And its not like you will get villain off a hand that beats you...if he was slowplaying a set (very unlikely or some weird two pair hand then he is not likely folding). Why scare him off...I like betting 80-100 on the turn. I also like leading the flop here (it would be very difficult to play this hand if the turn came a blank and you were stuck with a big pot and A high against a most likely overpair).
Old 03-08-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$2/$4NL
I limp UTG with AcKc. Folded to the button who raises to $16. Only I call.

Hero ($400)
Villain ($300)

Heads up to the flop. The pot is $38. The flop comes 7c4c3d. I check and he bets $20. I check raise to $60 and he calls. Good? Bad?

Pot is $158. The turn is an ace. I push all in. What do you think? I rarely make huge overbets like that in the middle of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is fine, flop is hokey because a blank will leave you hurting, and turn is awful because you have tptk with a redraw to the nuts. What hand are you beating that calls you on that turn? I would have checked called the turn and led the full pot on the river. You have massive showdown value on this hand.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:12 PM

What about a check-raise all in on the turn?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 PM

since you checkraised him on the flop its much less likely he'll bet the turn, especially when a scarecard hits. when you hold TPTK+NFD, you need to make sure money is flowing into that pot.

fim
Old 03-08-2005, 04:19 PM

I really dont like the smallish checkraise on the flop. If the pot was reraised preflop or the stacks were different, a large checkraise all in here would be good if you could get folding equity. There is so little in this pot to start the flop that this is not the right play. I would check call the flop and check raise the turn all in.

BTW fimbul check your PMs
Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM

I replied; I'm heading back to lab, I'll be home in 4 hours or so where all my chit is. Right now im on the RTPCR terminal reading 2+2.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fim
Old 03-08-2005, 06:00 PM

Have to agree with Kaz on this, why on earth are you assuming a button raiser has QQ or better?

That aside, I concur with those who suggest leading out initially. As you played it however, the push on the turn is disastrous, you have the tptk, the nut flush draw and you are pushing out lesser hands that you desperately want to stay in the hand and pay you off. Terrible play on the turn, a small lead or even another cr would be far, far better here.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM

Come on guy, you probably had top pair and a flush draw on the river, you got to bet this one out and hope to trap him when he makes a weak bet on the river. You have to extract the most chips you can with a hand like this, because I am sure he mucked after your all in.