Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:05 PM

Default General question for you buys about BB/hour rate

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times before, but humor me. I'm a NL tourney player, and a limit cash game player, so my experience in NL cash games is limited.

What would a very good player expect to make per hour in the following limits in a live game?

1/2
2/5
5/10

This is to settle a debate in another non-poker forum, where some dude thinks he can make a seemingly unrealistic amount. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: General question for you buys about BB/hour rate

My guess for maximums:

$17/hour at 1/2 (25 BB's per 100 hands)

$33/hour at 2/5 (20 BB's/100 max)

$50/hour at 5/10 (15 BB's/100 max)

Obvioulsy it is very game dependent but I wouldn't expect it to be much higher or lower than this on average.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:20 PM

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM

With big stacks (1K plus) and crazy opponents who will spew-call their stacks repeatedly, you could get as high as $500/hour in a $1-2 game. If the stacks are deep and they are weak and willing to put a lot of chips in more like $50-100/hour. A lot in any case. Once your opponents tighten up the earn drops radically.

I played vs two of those in a $1-2 game with limon years ago at the Palace in Hayward. Still have the commemorative eagle coin in fact. 2-3 limpers for $2 to me. I made it $300 with AA. Crazy spew-caller spew-called. At the time it felt bold, but in retrospect maybe he would have called $500.

Matt
Old 10-20-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With big stacks (1K plus) and crazy opponents who will spew-call their stacks repeatedly, you could get as high as $500/hour in a $1-2 game. If the stacks are deep and they are weak and willing to put a lot of chips in more like $50-100/hour. A lot in any case. Once your opponents tighten up the earn drops radically.

I played vs two of those in a $1-2 game with limon years ago at the Palace in Hayward. Still have the commemorative eagle coin in fact. 2-3 limpers for $2 to me. I made it $300 with AA. Crazy spew-caller spew-called. At the time it felt bold, but in retrospect maybe he would have called $500.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

At the wynn 2/5 game i had 2 hands w/in a few hours of eachother all limped, where i made it 250 in the SB w/ KK and got callers both times

Continue no further if you dont care to see badbeats.

Both times they flopped sets, 666 and 333.

-JP
Old 10-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Your bad beat post has been stricked from the record. The jury will disregard JMP's bad beat statement.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:10 AM

god i love the wynn
Old 10-21-2005, 11:03 AM

Crazy lag with a wad full of cash opens for 20. I raise 100 more with AA. He agonizes and calls saying "it's hard to make this call".

Folds for 50 more on the flop. 22.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM

i love my eagle coin...the eagle is crying. that hayward game was so wierd i always thought there was cheating but i was winning so i didnt get too paranoid. i made some strange plays in that game as well. it really wasnt a 1-2 game though. the structure was awesome for action. that dude fisherman told me he thought it up but while playing in the south i was in several games with multiple blinds and kill option from the button.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:49 PM

i think i wrote about this once. it takes a little figuring. after youve played for a while just add up what you figure the losers will lose and give yourself your fair share of that. its usally one average buy in (double through) every 8 hours. so if the game is 1000 buy in you can expect $125 an hour. in a smaller game you might be able to manage a triple through every 8 hours (on average)