Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-19-2005, 08:39 PM

Default PP $400nl - Nut Str on turn with possible flush on...

Stacks...
Villian is Loose Aggressive ($436)
Hero ($569)

Preflop: Hero is Mid Pos with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, Hero makes it $16 to go, Cutoff folds, Button (Villain) calls , Blinds and UTG folds...

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot $42)
I bet $25, Villain Calls

Turn brings J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me the nut straight with 3 spades on board...
I bet $50....Villain makes it $175
I don't know what to do here.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: PP $400nl - Nut Str on turn with possible flush on...

Would villain raise that much with flush? If you do decide you hand is good at the moment, you may be faced with all in call on the river.

If the board pairs, or another spade hits you are folding anyway. Probably just let it go.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:24 AM

bet more on flop or don't bet at all. Pricing in draws OOP is not good poker.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:53 AM

Turn brings J giving me the nut straight with 3 spades on board...
I bet $50....Villain makes it $175
I don't know what to do here.

I probably would have tried a cr on the turn, but that's dangerous if he doesn't bet and a spade falls. Then again, I like dangerous plays at times. heh... In all seriousness, with either A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I like a cr on the turn. Without either spade, I think a bet is more in order.

Your flop bet could probably be bigger. Not much chance you chase him off a legit hand with that bet. And your bet on the turn looks equally weak. I play very LAG and those bets look weak enough that I might be able to pick that pot up, especially on a semi-bluff or something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something like that.

I think you've gotta call a LAG here. Too much chance he's on QT, QJ, KQ semi-bluff or thinking he's value-betting, TT, 44 maybe... He can have a ton of hands here that you beat.

bet more on flop or don't bet at all. Pricing in draws OOP is not good poker.

You think a flush drawer is incorrect to call $40 on the flop but correct to call $25? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

- C -
Old 10-20-2005, 11:05 AM

Bet pot on flop against lags, also bet pot on turn. I call here against a lage. He could be doing this with a wide range of hands. If no spade falls. I check to him fully expecting to call an all in, by calling the turn CR your essentially commited to calling his all in anyway. So if there is no board pairing and no more spades i check and let him push a two pair or missed flush....From a LAG expect the push. I prefer checking here as pushing yourself causes him to fold a weaker hand....
Old 10-20-2005, 02:31 PM

With a set I might call, with the straight I fold.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:51 PM

Thanks folks for the input. I re-raised all in ...incorrect play as it happens although he delayed for almost 25 second before calling with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I was beat. Turn brought a red rag. I think it was the wrong play by me but easy to say now!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he delayed for almost 25 second before calling with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As you probably know this is a common technique/ploy to try to get a free card, when someone has a draw.

I think a call on the turn and check/call the river is an OK play. Pushing I think is incorrect unless you think he will pay you off with a set or 2 pair.