Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-30-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Interesting KK hand

Button ended up having 1010, suggestions on both my play and his is appreciated.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 12-30-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Interesting KK hand

Any read on Button here?

I almost always call this down. I think you are best here enough to justify calling the river bet (though it is a crying call). You really only need to be good around 8% of the time anyway.

NOTE: There are a combined 9 ways he has a worse set here and only 4 ways he has AK. I suppose if you knew he might cap PF with AQ, then you can add in 12 ways he has AQ. Either way, calling the turn and river is a good move.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:30 PM

Villian had 1010, comments on his play?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:33 PM

3 bet the flop and then either check call the turn and bet-fold an non-pairing river or bet-call the turn and check fold a non-pairing river if raised at your discretion.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:33 PM

Reads would be nice. You have to 3 bet the flop. There's a lot of value that you left behind there. You pretty much have the nuts against any sane player's pf capping range.

Bet the turn for value. There's a ton of non-ace hands that are calling. If raised, you have 10 outs to beat a straight, which is more than enough for a call.

If he just calls your turn bet, bet the river. If he raises you on the turn then I check/call the river.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button ended up having 1010

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave this out when you post the hand next go-around. You'll get many more unbiased opinions.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:38 PM

Interesting analysis. I find myself slowplaying the flop more often than people on here, probably need to adjust that. One read is that i made a poor play against this player earlier and he was pretty hateful about it so we were arguing back and forth. Thought he might be trying to bluff me out. I don't think I could ever fold the river even if I had bet the turn and had it raised. Not against someone out for a big bluff.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting analysis. I find myself slowplaying the flop more often than people on here, probably need to adjust that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some flops should be slowplayed, and some shouldn't. This one should not as you will get called nearly 100% of the time by either a draw or a worse hand. If Villain has something here like 77-99, chances are you aren't getting any more money out of him no matter what you do.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 PM

Usually I slow play to entice more subsequent bets, in this case the 10 was the worst possible card and clearly it didn't work out for me. Say the flop was kq4, do you slow play that to hide your strength?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting analysis. I find myself slowplaying the flop more often than people on here, probably need to adjust that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't slowplay here because you will get a ton of action from AK, AA, QQ, JJ, whatever is in his capping range. Remember slowplaying is for when you have a monster and you want to give your opponent a chance to improve to a second best hand. Your opponent already has a good hand in this situation.