Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-19-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Did I play these correctly ?

I'm in the process of moving my game almost exclusively to .50/1 NL . I'm finding that I can hang at this level.

Down to 6 handed.

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP.

I raise to $4 preflop.
2 callers.

Hero has $90
SB has $173

I have a tight image at this table. SB has only put his money in with very good hands. Straights/full houses

Flop: X J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] pot = $13

SB bets $4.50
EP folds
Hero raises to $15
SB reraises All-in $167
Hero ?

I chose to fold. I put villain on at least two pair. This game is very loose. Donks are in abundance. I think he believes that I will call so I fold.

Hero AA
Same Villain as earlier

Hero raises to $4 preflop
2 callers
Flop: 7 4 4 pot=$12
Villain checks
EP bets 1.50
Hero raises $10
Villain calls
EP folds

Turn: 5
Villain checks
Hero bets $20
Villain calls

River: 4
Villain checks
Hero bets All-in $70
Villain folds

Would you move all-in here ? He had already put $30 in so I figure he might feel so pot committed that he calls.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Did I play these correctly ?

I'd say hand 1 fold is correct - your overcard outs may well not be clean. I might just call his small flop bet and take a free card here. Your hand will not be super-obvious if you hit an A and you might well get paid off.

Hand two, the river push is only pot sized, so I think it is fine...perhaps a 1/2 pot bet has a higher EV here, to ensure QQ/JJ/TT calls? Was there a flush draw on the board?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:13 AM

For the first hand, definitely just call instead of raising. You're not going to get a loose player (as per your read) off any top pair or such, so call and give yourself a chance at the nuts. Also, you have two overs, which in this case aren't as clean since they complete straight draws and could make him two-pair.

For the second hand, You've raised PF so hopefully you can discount that he has a 7 or 4 in his hand. On the river, I'm betting 25-35$ hoping for a call, but by the way he played it, it looks like AK or something that all small-stakes donks chase with.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 AM

I think i'd actually fold the 1st hand to Villain's raise...
You will probably need to stick around till the river to see if you hit that straight - but I doubt that you'd have the odds to call another bet on the turn? Especially since he would probably fold to your raise (if you hit) and you'd not get the payoff you need to make this work ?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:10 AM

Hand 1 - Easy call of Villain's bet. He's giving you wonderful immediate odds, the pot is small, you're in position and he's not calling your raise with anything that doesn't have you skull-[censored]. Take the card.

Hand 2 - G'head and pot the river. Call a raise.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:26 AM

hand 1- just call the sb's original flop bet. when he reraises all in, its a math problem. you're getting about 1.6-1 on your last dollars and youre about a 2-1 dog vs. two pair. fold.

hand 2- does the "only put his money in with very good hands" villain fold queens or jacks there? if no, you're all in. if you think he folds a smaller overpair to an all-in, $40-$50 is about right.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:48 AM

Yeah, I probably should have bet less. Seems like in hand 1 he was trying to stack me so I thought I'd give him a little of his own medicine. He left immediately after this hand so something must have bothered him.