Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: funny hand

Andy, the first hand I was ever dealt at 20-40 was AA. They held up. In that same orbit, I got KK and QQ that also both held up. I finished down two racks that session. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Andy, the first hand I was ever dealt at 20-40 was AA. They held up. In that same orbit, I got KK and QQ that also both held up. I finished down two racks that session.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show-off. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 07-08-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The big blind turned over 9-8, for nine-high. The limper turned over 9-7, same hand. I mucked. There were words and squirms. I have to go. I think it’s my blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy, you left this game to come up and type this? Shame on you. I would be glued to that seat and wouldn't miss a hand even if I had to [censored] in my pants. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: No offense, but you absolutely suck at poker. . .

Man, what is with you? There is nothing wrong with checking the turn, here.

I do think the river is a pretty easy bet, though. When they check to you again on a King river after you raised pre-flop, bet the flop and checked the turn, you have a mighty good chance of taking down the pot. At least in my experience.

SpaceAce
Old 07-08-2005, 08:15 AM

"Tommy, you left this game to come up and type this? Shame on you."

Hi Lawrence,

I understand that your comment was lighthearted, but let's examine the implications. There's a catch 22 of sorts in here that I've always found fascinating.

One of the objects of the game for me is to have the best of it. To that end, I maintain physical and mental strength when I'm at the table. One way I do that is to take many breaks, during which I do many things. Another way is to quit the game before I get fatigued.

This means, in theory, that every time I take a break, and that every time I rack up to quit, there is a high probability that I am walking away from a game when I have the best of it.

So, what do you think? Am I a good quitter or a bad one?

Tommy
Old 07-08-2005, 09:21 AM

Why is this a standard turn check? Tommy showed strength pre-flop with a raise, two callers (one of whom in the blind). On the flop, he has at least 12 good outs in all liklihood. No one showed strength on the flop.

Why is it not worth it to take a stab on the turn? There are already 9 SBs by the time it gets to the turn, its not worth 1 BB to bet the turn and see if they have anything?

I think there is at least a 1 in 4 chance that they both muck, and even if one or both call, you still have many potential outs on the river, and even an 7 or 8 might be good.

I just think this is an extremely passive way to play a hand when you have a good amount of outs, you have position, and no one has shown any strength.

TSP
Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 AM

I would imagine a ten checking the turn hoping to raise the person who bet the flop. So I think he took the free card on his flush draw.