Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 40-80NL Hand from Commerce

I put the maniac on a draw, and the orignal raiser on a hand like A9, A10 or JJ. I think the only moves here are all in, with the stack sizes at the table, or fold. Calling is terrible, and making it $3500, is just asking the maniac to chase his draw.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put the maniac on a draw, and the orignal raiser on a hand like A9, A10 or JJ. I think the only moves here are all in, with the stack sizes at the table, or fold. Calling is terrible, and making it $3500, is just asking the maniac to chase his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that by pushing you'll make the maniac fold his draw? Don't you WANT him to chase it????
Old 05-25-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'd say the maniac either has you crushed, or has air. I can't see him playing a draw like this.

My raise lets you find out pretty cheaply where you are at.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'd say the maniac either has you crushed, or has air. I can't see him playing a draw like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

My read on the maniac was on, nut flush draw, and he called my all in, problem was not the maniac in this hand, it was the original raiser...

I pushed all in, original raiser pushed all in over the top of me, and the maniac called with the nut flush draw, as I knew he would. Creating a main pot of $25,000+, and a side pot of $28,000. Original raiser flipped over K9, and took down a nice pot.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:20 PM

I'm dumb. N/M
Old 05-25-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain why you called a 3.5BB raise with 98o leaving you with only 7BB behind?

[/ QUOTE ]8000 is 100 BB not 10BB so he called a 3.5BB and is left with about 96.5BB (actually a little more since he had more than 8000).
Old 05-25-2005, 02:29 PM

oh my god. i'm an idiot. n/m. i'll go back to the dumb people forum
Old 05-25-2005, 04:03 PM

Just curious, but is it possible that the preflop raiser has KK? I would play KK the exact same way and would be delighted to see a raise and a reraise behind me...
Old 05-25-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My read on the maniac was on, nut flush draw, and he called my all in, problem was not the maniac in this hand, it was the original raiser...

I pushed all in, original raiser pushed all in over the top of me, and the maniac called with the nut flush draw, as I knew he would. Creating a main pot of $25,000+, and a side pot of $28,000. Original raiser flipped over K9, and took down a nice pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you give these reads in the original post then?

FWIW, checking twice and then checkraising most of the time in my experience is either a set dying for someone to bet, or nothing. I'm confused as to why he wouldn't lead the turn with a strong draw/made hand.

But, anyway, UL.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 PM

The results are symptomatic of the problems with calling a raise with 98o. You made a lower 2-pair, which is about what you would expect with this hand.

If it was heads up insted of 4-handed, this is a calling hand. Otherwise the only reason I can see calling would be if you had position so as to steal later on. Also, if the later action was really wild and you could get payed off if you made a straight or something. Maybe in the rebuy period of a tournament or in a real low blind game or early in a low buyin tournament.

I am not that crazy about going allin with two pair. It is hard to lay down, but with action from 2 players, you may be beat.