Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 11:42 AM

Default UB warning re: TEC sales

Heh, sounds like someone got scammed.

Got this email from UB today despite not having played there in some months and never having done this type of transaction. Anybody know the story behind it?

Just a Friendly Security Reminder From UltimateBet

XXXXXX,

Be sure to keep your account and your money secure. Please note that while the sale of Tournament Entry Chips (TECs) is permitted, please take the time to know your seller.

If an offer seems too good to be true--it probably is!!

When in doubt, ask Member Services for assistance.

Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year Member Services can assist you with any poker or account related question you have. If you have any doubts about the validity of a sale, or if you simply wish to protect yourself (buyer AND seller) please have both parties write into Member Services at memberservices@ultimatebet.com to request a transfer.

Have fun at the tables,

Caitlyn
Member Services
Old 03-23-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: UB warning re: TEC sales

I have seen many TEC's for sale on ebay. Most bring 80-90% of their value. So it is not a bad deal at all. BUT what if someone is selling a TEC but doesn't really have one? Now you just sent him money through paypal for this chip and he is a thief. Are you going to report him to paypal (remember gambling transactions are prohibited on paypal)...I think not. If you send him the money through UB, they won't help either. You pay your money and you take your chance. I bought one from someone I knew so it went fine.