Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Raise and RR to You With AA

5/10 NL

Hero in CO - $2700
Villain #1 in UTG +1 w/ $1700
Villain #2 in MP w/ $1500

Pre-Flop : Villain #1 (UTG+1) raises to $50, folds to Villain #2 in MP who raises to $120. Folded to me in CO, i look down at AA and make it $300 straight. Both villains call.

FLOP ($915): 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Both check to me. I have a tight image, and so obviously my holding is fairly defined and they can put me on one of two hands fairly comfortably. Knowing this what is my best play here? I bet $950 but think that betting 3/4 of the pot would have been better than a slight overbet. Thoughts?
Old 02-25-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Raise and RR to You With AA

Given what you think that know about you, a bet of 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot is a better move. Why? Because there are likely one of two outcomes here: (1) you're going to win the pot now with any substantial bet or (2) if one of them has hit a set and checked you, with the plan to check raise, you will lose less money when you fold to the re-raise.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 PM

You would really lead out 600 on the flop and fold to a raise?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:26 PM

There is already 900 in the pot. If your aces get cracked here, you are probably just going to have to allow one of these guys to double up.

I would bet 1/2 the pot. The flop is rainbowed and pretty ragged. If they don't already have a set, they are probably drawing to 2 outs.

Bet 450. Go from there. The pot is already big enough compared to their stacks that it would be hard for you to get away from AA here. Don't sweat it if one of them doubled through you.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:36 PM

Your PF pf is too small. A bigger raise also makes the flop play straight forward.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:49 PM

What would you raise it to?

I think his raise is on the low end of the spectrum, but I wouldn't definitively say that it is "too small".
Old 02-25-2005, 04:04 PM

I agree with jason, I raise the pot (425 straight/305 more), giving a 1275 pot on the flop, and hero has an easy allin on the flop. your opponents will go broke trying to hit a set putting that much of their stack in PF against you.

--turnipmonster
Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your PF pf is too small. A bigger raise also makes the flop play straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If you are going to win a big pot here, one of them has QQ or KK. If you raise bigger pf and KK folds, well, that player is tight enough to not lose a big pot post flop if you raise to 300.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:17 PM

I think I'm going to just flat call or make the 3rd raise very substantial like raise to $500. Reason being is I think by the time the 3rd raise goes in, they pretty well much know my hand -- and thats a bad thing in NL.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:23 PM

Flat calling IMO is terrible. That's how you get broke with aces and makes the post flop play much harder since your hand is not well defined.